cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM 3.0 Application doesn't appear on desktop Mobile client

Former Member
0 Kudos

What could be the possible cause for not appearing MAM application on desktop client? I am also having error in Device Maintenance (NWA) that states

- Exception while processing inbound container 4A7998DC89D60188E10080000A03FFFB

- Exception while proccessing method SMARTSYNC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

A correction here: MAM3.0 does run fine on 7.1 and there are many customers who are alreday running this combination.

Thanks, Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, We are using MI 7.0 with MAM 3.0. But your statement surprise me as NO SAP document has provided this info that MAM 3.0 works with MI 7.1. Do you have any reference document that talks about this (SAP Note, SAP Document or client who has implemented this)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to help.sap.com, then follow the following links on the left side panel:

SAP Netweaver -> SAP NetWeaver PI/Mobile/IdM 7.1

Then select 'SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1' and look at the 'Installation and Migration' section.

Open up the 'Migration Guide' (which will lead you to an SMP link).

MAM 3.0 can be 'imported' into 7.1 as a backward compatible application as per the instructions given there.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any application (either shipped by SAP or created by an SAP customer/partner) that runs in Mobile 7.0 should be possible to import and run in Mobile 7.1 as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think, you are referring this document - https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/migrationNWmobile71 but this document doesn't explictly specify how MAM 3.0 works with 7.1 except some info abou MAM 2.5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

AFAIK, you will not be able to find 'official' documentation on running MAM 3.0 with Mobile 7.1. But as Dharani said, it works fine (I don't know which customers, but she probably could name a few).

Mobile 7.1, being a framework upon which to build applications, intends to support applications which used to run in Mobile 7.0 (for the purpose of backward compatibility). The document which I pointed to uses MAM 2.5 simply as an example.

You can follow the very same steps to import your existing MAM 3.0 applcation to a new and shiny 7.1 box.

What I mean is, any application that runs in Mobile 7.0 should run fine in 7.1 as well. And this includes MAM 3.0

Not just MAM.. if you have a home brewed Mobile 7.0 application running in your organization, it should be possible to import that into 7.1 as well.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're using MAM with NW Mobile 7.1?

I don't know about the second and third questions. But for the first one:

The application may not appear if any of these is true:

1. It was not successfully installed (you can check this from the NW Mobile Administrator, in the 'Administration -> Device Administration' page. In this look at the 'Mobile Components' tab)

2. It was installed successfully but the user does not have the role 'SAP_DOE_ALL_APP_VISIBLE'

3. The USER_AUTHORIZATION data object of SAP BASIS SWCV has not flown down to the client (you can find this also in the Device Administration page. Look for 'Pending Extracts' in the first tab which I think is called 'Device Status').

Cheers!

Edited by: Arjun Shankar on Aug 6, 2009 8:07 AM: a little more info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aargh! Someone told me people don't really use MAM with 7.1.

Ignore what I said. Its irrelevant.