cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dermine/identify a stock line item in a shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a requirement in our company not to allow the creation/saving of shopping carts with both stock and non stock items (stock being materials/products based on HAWA backend material type and non stock being non stock catalogue or text items)

The idea is stock items will subject to the auto approval workflow and converted to reservations after save. Non stock carts will be subject to an approval process.

Please note that we replicate materials from the R3 backend as products. We also intend to catalogue some of these products to make it easier for the requisitioner to search and select.

I know that we can implement the shopping cart check BADI to check and ensure that a cart cannot have both stock and non stock items. My question is how to acheive that.

What field should the check BADI evaluate?.

What is the table in SRM that holds replicated material masters?

Once a stock cart has been saved , is it possible to flag it as an stock cart so that the auto approval is activated for this cart?

Any advise/help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grace,

you can use the function module META_MATERIAL_GETDETAIL to check material master data from a backend system and then verify if the material is subjected to inventory management.

Regards,

Cristiano Soares

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grace

You can segregate Stock and Non stock items as below.

1. Stock items contain material master number as they are replicated from backend.

2. Stock items will not have cost center.

3. Non stock items will have account assignment as Cost center because they are treated as consumed after receipt of goods.

Regarding generation of backend docs (Reservations or PO/PR in backend), you can control it through "Define objects in backend system"

A.Define the product categories of stock items for which always reservation is to be created.

B.Define Product categories for which PO/PR is to be created with "Always External procurement".

In SRM, COMM_PRODUCT is the table which contains all replicated materials from backend.

Hope above solution resolve your issues.

Do reward points to helpful answers.

Regards

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaddish,

What did not let you know is that we will not be carrying out direct stck procurement from SRM/EBP. Stck procurement/replenishment will be carried out in the R3 backend system manually or via MRP.

So in the SRM environment the requisitioner will only be able to raise a stck shopping cart that will result in a reservation in the r3 backend and yes we have config our system to behave that way. Every stock shopping cart item will be assigned a cost object i.e cost centre to enable goods issuing against the r3 reservation.

Again just to explain our intention:

We do not want requisitioners to create/save a shopping cart that is based on stock and non stock items.

How do we distinguish a stock shopping cart item against a non shopping cart item i.e a catalogue, or text. please note that the catalogue item could reference a stock material number.

Thanks again.

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I forgot to mention the following:

we are are using SRM 4, Server 5.0, ECC 4 backend. CCM 2.0

Thanks

Grace