cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referenceing a datatype to a parent schema? possible in PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is what i am trying to achieve:

SCHEMA: KKK ( a Schema that has a set of common fields shared by many other schemas eg: contact details...etc etc....)

now i am trying to make newer schemas, DataTypes ie. in this Datatype i'd like to give a reference to KKK which has the shared fields...

is this possible ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hankovak,

Try to use Data Type Enhancement to achieve what you want.

Regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers,

I got the soln rather i learnt somethng new,

Thanks all, Ivan actually pointed out to use data type enhancements, which is the direction i was looking at.

Thanks again budd.

solved my question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ivan,

Just some clarification .

i have SWC XXX

and SWC YYY

now Y is dependant on XXX

in XXX i have created a Datatype called DT_Header

now consider this:

YYY has a namespace http://testing.com

under this namespace i have created a DType enhancement called DT_Outbound_invoice, now this references the DT_header datatype,

thereby all the header fields are in the datatype enhancements.

here is my question, when i want to create a message type, i need to select the Datatype enhancement, but it is not shown in the list.

can you tellme if my approcach is correct?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your DT in the same SWCV in which you are creating the Message Type?

Conceptually Global datatype is also practiced in SAP PI7.0......just that in SAP PI7.1 there is a lot of stress on using it

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Aug 6, 2009 10:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The DT_Header resides in the SWCV XXX which is actually being reference by YYY.

so in my SWCV YYY i can see the the DT_header under one of the namespaces of the Basis objects,

should i be creating the DT-Header in the SWCV that houses the DT enhancements? isnt' that a bad approach i mean, consider a scenario where in i need to work in multiple swcv's and each swcv's need to refere to a commom Header.. .Y would i have to go on creating the header datatype in eadch SWCV?

correct me if im wrong please.

thanks,

Hank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for flooding this thread, i pretty much figured out i was beating around the bush,

i got the soln.

thanks,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

some more questions

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By PI I assume that you are on SAP PI7.1.

In SAP PI7.1 we have the concept of Global Datatype, so you can design your DT accordingly. Examples are available under the SAPGLOBAL -

> http://sap.com/xi/SAPGlobal/GDT >-> Global Data Types

Regards,

Abhishek.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

> in this Datatype i'd like to give a reference to KKK which has the shared fields...is this possible ?

Yes,

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

awesome guys thanks for your inputs, will definitely get back on your suggestions once i give it a shot.

i am on pi 7.0

Agusthuri- do you have any other suggestions aprt from what Ivan and abhishek here have commented on?

Edited by: hankovak jovani on Aug 6, 2009 6:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In PI I dont think it can be done I have faced a scenario of WSDL where there was reference to input and ouptut messages which thrown an error ..so the workaround for me was to copy the inoput and outout message and paste in the WSDL..

Similarly for your scenario i dont think reference to schema may not work.. but give references to existing data types will work

HTH

Rajesh