Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change PO value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We are in SRM 5.0,ECC6.0.

I have created a custom field in the shopping cart which will be populated with a reference purchase order number.I have also implemented the check_badi to validate the custom field.

We have a requirement now whereby we have to reduce the value of a purchase order(document type ECRX)(which will be referred in the custom field) as soon as another purchase order (document type ECPO) is created.The reduction value should be equal to the value the new purchase order(ECPO).

I did some investigation of my own--i thought of using the doc_change BADI...but it can only be used before a document is saved to the database or am i wrong here?

Any valuable suggestions/directions on how to achieve it?

Any input is appreciated...as i am completely out of ideas.

Thanks

J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Doc_change_badi will be called on every change to the purchase order. So when you add item/perform any other change. For the save scenario you can use the doc_save badi. However, in you case I think you would like to ensure your logic is executed after PO is successfully ordered. Some thing on the lines of bbp_get_status2 report.

what is the relationship between these two PO's(ECPO and ECRX). On what basis do you want to change the value?

Regards

Azad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Azad,

Thank you so much for your inputs.Forgot to mention that we are in the extended classic scenario.

If i understand you correctly-- once the PO is ordered, we cannot use the change_badi to do any changes to the purchase order.

It has to do with the budget--apparently,the need is to reduce the PO value referred in the current/processing PO.

Can you please elaborate on the get_status2 report?

Is there no BADI in the system which can do this job?

Can i possibly build a custom program on its lines to update/change the value of a PO?

Thanks a lot,Azad!

Jack