cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masked sensitive personal data in database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have some data like DOB (BP data) , pcard information( credit card) in SRM which I don't want users or anybody to look into it while creating SC or even through GUI t-codes (SE16, SE11 or SM30). Appreciate any thoughts to achieve this requirement.

Thanks,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

There is no provision to encrypt the data such as date of birth, since it is not a sensitive field from the legal standpoint, thus there's no standrad way to achieve that.

However, for payment cards, encryption is provided as a standard feature tha's customizable. You can refer to the following SAP notes :

1032588 u2013 Secure handling of payment card data in ERP

1034482 u2013 FAQ Credit Card Encryption in CRM

(Although you are speaking of SRM, do review the notes - the payment card encryption is a part of the framework that's common to all applications.) Also search for more notes on payment card encryption, they will solve your problem.

If you want to protect fields such as DOB, you would need to implement an authorization profile that prevents a set of users from seeing this data, there's no possibility for encryption.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Rishu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou Rishu. You gave a good direction to start (pioint rewarded). I will update this thread on my findings.