cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to logon to CRM survey as marketing contact?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

In SAP Help I found this statement:

....When the recipient enters this URL in a Web browser, a survey is displayed. The recipient completes the survey and sends it (by pressing the u2018Saveu2019 button) to the companyu2019s SAP CRM system. The system then uses the answers specified in the survey to determine appropriate additional marketing activities for the original recipient of the e-mail.

I would like to implement this.

My question is: How does a marketing contact (maybe one of ELM) access the survey? Does he/she need a user or internet user?

Could you please describe me the standard solution?

Thanks,

Cristina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christina,

You have to generate a URL for your survey and then link that survey in the email form. when you send this email to the user via campaign execution, user will se this link and click on URL to access the survey. when the user fills that survey, marketing attributes should update automatically based on the set up.

Please check Help.sap.com where details steps were provided for survey suite under this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/EN/45/f6832b3a2a6789e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Thanks

Raja pamireddy

CRM Marketing forum Moderator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

My question is: How does a marketing contact (maybe one of ELM) access the survey? Does he/she need a user or internet user?

Could you please describe me the standard solution?

Could you please answer my question. I know you can access the survey. I can do this, but I log on to the survey with my CRM user. An marketing contact does not have a CRM user normally.

How is this problem solved?

Best regards,

Cristina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here the solution in stanard,.

1. Generate an URL from survey Suite.

2. place that URL in email form.

3. When you place this URL in the email form post fix the response id " ##" or "++" to this URL.

4. When you run a campaign for the contacts persons with this URL, it will generate a MAIL GUID.

5. When the contact clicks on that URL, system will identify based on the generated mail GUID and identify who is the contact

person.

Does this exlains your question?

Thanks

Raja pamireddy

CRM marketing forum moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your answer. It´s good to know, what you explained.

My problem is: I am sending a test mail to a colleague from other area, he does not have logon data to CRM. When he receives the mail and wants to opern the survey, the web page of the survey requieres logon to CRM. So he cannot open the survey. Same thing would happen to our marketing contacts, as they also do not have users to CRM.

Best regards,

Cristina

Former Member
0 Kudos

The survey recipient only needs to be in your system as a Contact, they don't need to be a User or Internet User. So yes, you could upload a new set of Contacts via ELM and then run a Campaign to email them and handle their responses as Raja stated.

Getting your system set up to accept the incoming survey responses is tricky however.

Gregor Wolf has a couple of [good blogs|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2644] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; and many posts here written about that process, which you should be able to find in a search of this forum.

We have yet to have been able to implement external surveys in our CRM4 system, but expect to be able to do so with our CRM6 install we're completing now.

Edited by: Mike Anecito on Aug 6, 2009 8:13 AM

Just read your other response...you need to set up an Anonymous User for the survey Service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Logon is required based on the URL you provide in the email..

You can refer to Help URL. It provides good details how to include URL, how this can be tracked.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/EN/70/891ab9c8394151a7e0b802024547dd/frameset.htm

Thanks

Raja Pamireddy

CRM Marketing forum Moderator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if Raja and I are understanding your question the same way. But, we needed to send survey's to our ERP users and of course, they don't have a CRM login. So, we created an anonymous user for the crm_svy_server service.

Again, we're currently using CRM4, so settings might be different...we haven't got to this point yet in our CRM6 upgrade.

Be sure the anonymous user (SURVEY_USER) has authorizations to only complete a survey...set them up as a Service user, not Dialog. I had to have our Basis people do this for me, but it allows the user to submit the survey without having to log into the CRM system. Keep in mind, that this anonymous user must be set up very carefully to not allow access to more of your CRM system than you intend...this is the part of the setup I needed help with from our Basis folks.

ICF path: /default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/

ICF Object: crm_svy_server

The MIG tracking ID is what CRM reads and attaches the survey respons(es) to the proper contact person, not the anonymous system user.

0 Kudos

Hi,

As Mike said, go to SICF transaction,

default_host -> sap -> bc -> bsp -> sap -> crm_svy_server

double click on crm_svy_server and set a user id and password in the anonymous logon data section.

This will solve the problem.

Cheers,

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

Can you help me out with regard to redirection of URL as i am stuck with the same scenario as you explained in your answer, where i have to use Intermediate site option for sending links in email for the tracking for customers. I hvae done the config settings, it is works fine Internal nework, but i am not sure how i can do the re-direction of the URL. Can you please explain me

example:

I am sending email with following link

https://www.xxx.com/customersupply/xxx.html (External Link)

i need to re-direct to to our CRM system which is

http://hxxxx.com:8000/ (CRM System)

Thank you in advance

regards

shankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

how to load survey in SAP CRM-7 for conversion.

Can ELM be used?

Many thanks

Regards

DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody,

that was very helpful. Now, my collegue was able to open the survey.

But, what we did was to save IP / Name of the CRM system in the hosts document in his local PC.

This should not be normal, though.

In fact, this is another problem. So, I will close this thread as answered and open another one. Anyway, if you can tell me who to solve this problem, I will be glad for your help.

Best regards,

Cristina