cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between client copy with sap_all and database copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the difference between client copy with sap_all and doing a database copy.

I know if I do a database copy from Production to our Quality system.

I need to install the license key

restore the production library to the quality library

Initialize TMS and so on.

I know if I want to copy to our Development system. I would need to run either a remote client copy or and export/import since I cannot do a database copy because I would loose all my other clients in Development.

My question is, if the quality systems and the production systems are on the same support packs, same kernel.

What does a database copy give you (besides being faser) that a remote client copy or export/import of a client copy does.

Any differences

Thanks

Joe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joe,

If there is inconsistent Z tables between QAS and PRD, remote client copy could fail, especially when the table on PRD has longer length or more fields than the one on QAS.

Also the source client should has no-activity during the client copy, otherwise the application data could be inconsistent. For example, some material documents are copied, but not the corresponding financial documents. (For PRD client, it could be hours between the times those tables are copied.) For database restore, it is rarely an issue.

Best regards,

Victor

Answers (0)