cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Error deploying Java web application into NetWeaver 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

My goal for the moment is to get a trivial Java 1.4 "Hello World" servlet built into an .sca file and deployed into a NetWeaver 7.0 server.

Here is what I've done:

- I've made a super-simple "Hello World" Java 1.4 servlet and packaged into a .war file.

- I've packaged the .war file into a Java EE 1.4 .ear file using com.sap.sdm.ant.JarSAP Ant task and verified that it successfully deploys and runs in Glassfish v2.1

- I've packaged the .ear file into an .sca file using com.sap.sdm.ant.ExportSC Ant task.

- I try to deploy the .sca file into SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) SPS 15 using the SAP Software Deployment Manager GUI and I get this error:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application developerzz.com/WebTestZZ.. Reason: Error while getting container files from EAR C:\usr\sap\H02\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server0\.\temp\deploy\work\deploying\WebTestZZ.ear in operation deploy with application developerzz.com/WebTestZZ.; nested exception is: 	com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Error while getting container files from EAR C:\usr\sap\H02\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server0\.\temp\deploy\work\deploying\WebTestZZ.ear in operation deploy with application developerzz.com/WebTestZZ.
 (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)
Deployment of WebTestZZ finished with Error (Duration 4234 ms)

Here is an exploded view of the .sca file that I'm trying to deploy. AFAIK, all deployment descriptor files and manifest files are in the appropriate places:

WebTestZZ00_0.sca
	META-INF
		MANIFEST.MF
		SAP_MANIFEST.MF
	WebTestZZ.ear
		META-INF
			application-j2ee-engine.xml
			application.xml
			MANIFEST.MF
			sap.application.global.properties
			SAP_MANIFEST.MF
			sda-dd.xml
			j2ee-dd.xml
		webmodule.war (omitting contents for this post)

I'm not sure what could be wrong or how I can go about investigating this. I've definitely searched for this error message and symptoms and haven't found anything useful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I made project in Netviewer version--7.0.14 and i m trying to create SCA file from my SDA file while in processes i m dont able to find com.sap.sdm.ant.jarSAP file in eclipse plugin will u plz tell me where this file and jar located.