cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web AS 620 - upgrade to 640 kernel & J2EE 640 - CRM 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are running CRM 4.0 (SP6) with 620 kernel (1902) and J2EE 6.20. This is running on Web AS 6.20. We implemented I.C Web Client and Mobile Sales functionaility with CRM.

We are planning to upgrade to 640 Kernel (ABAP). Any prerequisites or known problems with direct upgrade to 640 kernel in Web AS 6.20 and also any dependencies with J2EE engine since we are using IC Web Client?

Or do we also have to uprade to J2EE 640 Engine?

Your inputs on this would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

u can apply kernel patch 6.40 for CRM server. before doing that backup ur existing kernel.

u also want to use J2ee 6.20. there may be a dependncy issue.

if u have problem after upgrading the kernel revert back. or also upgrade J2EE server if u want.

we also used CRM WebAs 6.20 with kernel 6.40 and our CRM web Application is on WebAs Java 6.40 J2ee server.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kaushal.

Did SAP recommended to upgrade Kernel & J2EE Server to 640?

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

in our schenario when we want to use CRM SAF we raise the message to SAP they told me that both kernel is to be same.

but in one of the CRM server we upgrade the kernel of CRM server from 6.20 to 6.40 and J2EE server is 6.20 our application is run without any error.

if u want to upgrde ur Kernel, upgrade it, but make sure to backup the old kernel,

than after test the application. i'm sure it's works, in some case error than revert back.

if ur problem is solved close this forum

regards,

kaushal

Answers (0)