cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penalty Cost Groups in SNP Optimization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello APO experts!!

I would like to know if any of you have more information about the of penalty cost group in SNP Optimization.

I have been researching on the help.sap.com web site but I need more details.

Can anybody help me?

Best Regards

Angela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

1) You can use penalty cost group for optimization-based planning in Supply Network Planning (SNP) to define that customer demand is prioritized.

2) You can use the Business Add-In (BAdI) /SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA to assign penalty cost groups to forecasts and sales orders

3) You then release the forecasts with descriptive characteristics, such as customer, to SNP or transfer sales orders from SAP ERP to SAP SCM via the Core Interface (CIF).

4) In SNP 1 tab page for product master data, you can assign penalty costs for non-delivery and delays to the penalty cost groups. In this way, penalty costs become customer-dependent.

5) You can use the penalty cost group to define that the system first covers the demand from penalty cost groups with a higher priority, and only then covers penalty cost groups with a lower priority.

6) Penalty cost groups are controlled by penalty cost group profiles

7) You define the profiles from the SAP Easy Access menu, by choosing Advanced Planning and Optimization -> Supply Network Planning -> Environment -> Current Settings -> Profiles -> Define SNP Penalty Cost Group Profiles and then assign them to individual optimization runs in interactive planning or when executing the SNP optimizer in the background.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Are you refering to the Penalty cost or penallty cost group? becuase i have not seen any Penalty cost group in MAT1!!

If it is penalty cost, i prob can provide some basic informatin,

Let me know if i can help you ...

Yarala