Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding File Content Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is text file to xml file.

My sender structure having header structure and item structure, header comes only once and item comes multiple.

In the header and item structures I am using key field, to identify weather the record is related to header or item, for that I am sending key value as H for header and I for item. its working fine.

But my client don't want to send that H and I values. He is saying first record is for header and remaining all are items.

How to achieve this without key field.

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boppana,

If you say text file is it a fixed length or a csv file. Since you said Key field I am assuming it is a fixed lenght file. Since you have the first line as header and rest all are items even though you dont have key field you can try with Header,1,Detail,* or am I missing something here?

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Sathish.

My input flat file in fields are separated by tab.

Header record having 6 fields on that 6 one field is variable length field.

Item record having 19 fields each field has different fixed lengths.

with this info is it possible to do the FCC through graphical mapping?

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your Scenario looks possible with the Normal FCC paramters only

go ahead with as satish suggested...

only thing need to take care is of header field variable length ...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boppana,

You are telling your file is tab delimited and at the same time has fixed length. Either it shoud be a tab delimited or a fixed length.

Also you said one field is variable length. If it is variable length then it will not be possible because you dont know the length of the field, tehn you will run into errors in communication cahnnel.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can build a module which put the key values for each line in the file. Then use the FCC.

Regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>How to achieve this without key field.

In this case you need to read each line of the file individually and then combine them via Java mapping.

or do Content conversion in adapter module instead of FCC.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Aamir.

Is this not possible through the graphical mapping?

First record should be a header record and header record comes only once and the remaining all are item records.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

No,since you will get individual records in each nodes,its better to do this via java mapping or module.

Thanks

Aamir