cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to create the Crystal Query Engine. Please Help me resolve this issu

Former Member
0 Kudos

i keep getting the this error :

Failed to create the Crystal Query Engine.

on this line of code :

billing.ExportToDisk(CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat, fileName);

i'm trying to use export it to pdf.

the page works fine on my notebook. but when deployed to window server 2003 server i get this error.

Crystal Reports Basic Runtime for Visual Studio 2008 is already installed there.

I have provided NETWORK_SERVICE and ASPNET access to the root drive C:, which is the only drive on the server. but i'm getting this error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. You have Crystal Reports Basic Runtime for Visual Studio 2008 already installed on the window server 2003 server. What is the version of the CR assembly crystaldecisionis.crystalreports.engine.dll that is being referenced by your app?

How was the Crystal Reports Basic Runtime for Visual Studio 2008 installed on that server?

Do a search for querybuilder.dll on the server and try to manually register it.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

the version of CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine is 10.5.3700.0.

i installed crystal report runtime for vs2008 by running a standalone setup of it.

i searched for querybuilder.dll and found . i tried to manually register it by using this command

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\2.8\bin\querybuilder.dll"

but dllregisterserver entry point was not found.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops. The file I was actually looking to register is crqe.dll. Please try that.

Also, please confirm that when you say:

"i installed crystal report runtime for vs2008 by running a standalone setup of it."

You ran the file CRRedist2008_x86.msi?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is the setup i ran.

i have registered the file 'crqe.dll' but still not working

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd like you to download the Process Monitor utility from here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Filter for the name of your process as this utility makes large logs. Once you have a log, search for any error messages (Access denied, etc.).

The only note I found on the same error is [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes_boj/sdn_oss_boj_erq/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do] which points to the crqe.dll being at fault.

See if the Depends utility tells you of any missing dependencies. Depends is here:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

(Simply open the dll in the utility)

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

i was able to solve the problem

the crqe.dll was not placed in the correct folder

i had the to place it in the the right location. then register it. and it started working. thanks for your help mate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey I'm having the same problem, I know you posted this a while ago, but do you remember what the right location was that you moved the crqe.dll to?

Thanks you, Jr.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reply by HammerHead did not make sense to me. I am not sure what the "correct" location was either. But it should be in the same directory as the rest of the CR DLLs. You do not specify what version of CR, so I can not tell you the exact folder...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

This problem has been driving me crazy for days now.. its really holding me up.

CR Version=10.5.3700.0

I'm actually in the process of migrating my web application from windows server 2003 to windows server 2008 R2.

I ran CRRedist2008_x64.msi on the new server.. which placed all the dll files in C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\2.8\bin

This is also the value for registry keys "Common FIles" and "Path" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\10.5\Crystal Reports

I've tried just about everything.. I'm now wondering if CR 10 is even compatible with windows server 2008 R2. Well I guess it is because out of desperation I installed visual studio 2008 on the server and it opens up the reports just fine.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks, Jr.

Edited by: JuniorB on Apr 19, 2011 3:14 PM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See my post to your other thread.

Also, try to register crqe.dll manually. Does that work? Place your answer in the other thread so we have it all in one place.

- Ludek

Answers (0)