Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing - Complete/Incomplete pallets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a pricing requirement.

Customer order material1 u2013 40 cases, material2 u2013 90 cases and material3 u2013 110 cases

45 cases = 1 Pallet for all materials

Pallet price/ case

Material1 - $7

Material2 - $8

Material3 - $9

Incomplete pallet price/ case

Material1 - $8

Material2 - $9

Material3 - $10

Output

Material1 - $8 * 40 (Incomplete pallet price)

Material2 - $8 * 90 (Complete pallet price) u2013 2 Full pallets

Material3 - $9 * 90 + $10 * 20 (Complete pallet price) + (Incomplete pallet price)

How to configure pricing condition type for the above scenario?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

Have you tried setting the pricing condition record for the material (VK11-12-13) to its smaller unit of measure (i.e. in Cases) and then use scales to put the different prices according to the quantity ordered.

If there is a unit conversion between the Case and the Pallet when the Customer orders let's say 2 pallets then SAP would know that this a certain amount of cases (1 PAL = 45 CAS) then you can set the scales in SAP.

1 CAS to 44 CAS = $8

45 CAS to 90CAS ) $4

and so on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

In fact I heard such conversion factor at condition record level (VK11/12/13) but I donu2019t know how to maintain the records for the conversion factor.

My objective is if customer ordered 45 cases regular price to be picked if customer ordered incomplete pallet quantity it has to pick the other price which is above the regular price.

1 PAL = 45 CASES u2013 Maintained at material master level.

If customer ordered 50 cases, for first 45 cases it should pick the regular price and the next 5 cases it has to pick the special price which is above the regular price.

Please advice.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

maintain condition records for pricing

use condition type KP01.

and in the pricing procedure use the Alt.base.value as 24. ( go through the info provided)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say 45 cases is equal to 1 pallet, what do you mean by incomplete pallet ?? Is it half pallet ?? If so, you can maintain the price per pallet and accordingly, in material master, you can maintain the alternate unit of measurement.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Incomplete pallet in the sense if customer has ordered not full pallet quantiy. In material master it has been maintained 45 cases is equal to one pallet.

Here my requirement is if customer order cases which makes a complete pallet quantity it has to take regular price and if the cases (quantity) ordered by the customer does not makes a full pallet quantity it should charge something more than the regular price.

Please advice.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody please help me to take this forward.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor

as per the discussion i get that u want to charge extra to the customer when he is not purchasing a complete pellet otherwise u want to apply standard price.

So u can define a surcharge condition with access based on customer/material or material group or material simply.

Put a requirement routine as the trigger for surcharge is incomplete pelllet.

Requirement will check order qty for material /line item and if its not equal to a pellet then surcharge condtion will trigger.

for checking order qty against pellet criteria u can define a ztable and set parameters as material ,validity ,pellet qty etc.

through SM30 u can maintain Table or generate t.code to users to maintain.

Here u have flexibility of deciding surcharge amount /percentage also everytime the pellet criteria changes or new materials are added to it ,its easier to maintain.

I think this will suffice .

Regards

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mandar,

Thanks for the response.

I have some questions on the proposed solution.

1. As mentioned surcharge condition triggered if it is not a full pallet quantity do you mean to say PR00 - $7 and Z123 (Surcharge condition) - $1(Additional price) both will be triggered for a incomplete pallet quantity? Will it look like PR00 + Z123 = $8?

2. I understood of maintaining the Ztable and the fields of the Ztable however routine to be assigned to the PR00 or Z123 in the pricing procedure?

Please advice.

Thanks for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor

You can maintain sequence as follows

1. Base price (Pr00)

2. Z123

3. Subtotal 1 (1-2)

4. Discount condtions

5. Other conditions on base price

6. Subotal of 3 to 5

7 Assessable value (base for duties and taxes) (100% copy of step 7)

This way it will ensure that total is used as base for duty and tax processing.

Secondly ,

assign the requirement routine to Z123 condition sothat surcharge is triggered only when pellet is incomplete.

I hope this is clear to u.

Do revert for further clarity.

Regards

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

Thank you so much for the clarification.

To assign requirement routine to condition type Z123 is there any standard routines available? Does this routine pulls the values from the Ztable?

There is a standard routine 24 which assign for u2018alternative condition base valueu2019 which assigned for condition type KP01. Does it fits the requirement?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor

In this case u can maintain calculation Value routine instead of requirement routine.

U will have to do that calculation in the routine itself .

Count the number of cases . Deduct the number for pellet (e.g. 45) from the count. and use the result as base for surcharge calculation..

Use your z table judiciously. u can also maintian another condition table (Say A910) where user can enter material wise sales area wise surcharge and u can refer values from that table to provide condition value.

Do not give any alternate base value to this condition type so that condition type is not triggered if it does not get value form routine.

Maintain calculation type as Fixed amount.

Take help of Abap person to formally code this logic.

Regards

Mandar

Edited by: Mandar Deshpande on Aug 7, 2009 11:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

Many thanks to you.

I got an idea how to frame this functionality. I will discuss this with my ABAPer and will let you know soon the feedback.

Condition table A910 and calculation value routine is to linked to the surcharge condition Z123 but not to the regular pricing condition type PR00 - right?

I expect your guidance on this till I achieve this functionality.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor

u r welcome .

Do go ahead and feel free to write me regarding any queries ,i will be glad to help whatever I can.

Regards

Mandar