Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE54: Assigning an authorization group to table &SM31&

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone out there tried to assign an authorization group to the symbolic table &SM31& in transaction SE54?

Any success in using it?

Cheers,

Julius

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

any impact not having auth group to &SM31& table ?

thanks,

Aditi

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I've tried it on an IDES system & it seems to work OK and raise the TR etc.

Anything you want me to check on there?

Cheers

Alex

0 Kudos

Just incase there is a misunderstanding: '&SM31&' is a table (and not an authorization grouup) which does not really exist in the Data Dictionary.

It is used as a symbolic table in the maintenance view call, if an authorization group is assigned to it.

Just wondering whether anyone out there uses this?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

any impact not having auth group to &SM31& table ?

thanks,

Aditi

0 Kudos

I have never seen it used "in the wild" nor found any documentation on it.

May I ask how you found this thread?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

never heard of that before. But what I did find was [SAP Note 42563|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/42563] .

...-->it's from 1997....!!

Don't know if this is still used, as the check is in Rep.s SAPMSTBM, which is used in TX SM31_OLD, SM32, SM33 only.....

b.rgds,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks Bernhard!

> But what I did find was [SAP Note 42563|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/42563] .

> ...-->it's from 1997....!!

Note that the SM31 refered to in the note is not the SM31 we know today. It looks like SAP renamed it to SM31_OLD and replaced by a new SM31 (and the current settings option). The alternative having been changing miles of code, this seems reasonable but can be confusing (release dependently).

> Don't know if this is still used, as the check is in Rep.s SAPMSTBM, which is used in TX SM31_OLD, SM32, SM33 only.....

My rule of thumb is: If something is possible, then someone out there is either already doing it, or still doing it...

Cheers,

Julius