cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when saving message mapping -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just upgradedto PI 7.1. System details below....

Make Release NW07_08_REL SPS Number 08 JDK Version jdk15

Server Version SAP J2EE Engine 7.10.3710.43701.20090416112158

Java Runtime Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (version=5.1.034)

Java Virtual Machine SAP Java Server VM (version=5.1.034)

Operating System AIX (version=5.3, arch=ppc64)

I've been building an interface to test the developer tools and when I save my message mapping (it's a very simple graphical mapping) I get a java popup with the text 'Internal GUI error', I'm using Java WS Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_19-b02) as per the PI documentation.

I recreated the problem timing each activity and saved the exception in a text file. I'm able to identify the relevant section of the exception biut it's meaningless to me. I searched SDN & OSS and I can't find any specific hits. Those that are similar (different SAP applications - WebDynPro for example) point towards incompatible s/w components - Java Run Time environment etc.... I've cleared the Java WS cache (Edit>Preferences>Delete Files) just to make sure, but the problem still occurs. I'm looking for advice. I've pasted some of the exception details below. I can provide more information but it's a pretty long file.

Edited by: Rob Warde on Aug 5, 2009 4:27 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The latest patches for PI 7.11 EHP1 SP3 solved our problem.

We too were getting error com.sap.aii.ib.bom.mt.js.JavaSource.setMode(I)V while saving the mapping.

Following was applied ..

1. PI GUI 7.11 SAPXIGUI03 patch #2 (SP-level #03)

2. MESSAGING SYSTEM SERVICE 7.11 MESSAGING03 patch #1 (SP-level #03)

3. XI TOOLS 7.11 SAPXITOOL03 patch #1 (SP-level #03)

and problem was solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

SAP suggested to update the components as mentioned by Abhay and it has solved the problem.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All -

We're on PI 7.10 - Support Pack 07. Just updated to latest patch levels yesterday & started getting this issue.

Anyone out there running 7.1 SP7 who has managed to get this resolved?

thanks,

-john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Abhay and Srini sharing the knowledge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I updated components :

1. PI GUI 7.11 SAPXIGUI03 patch #2 (SP-level #03)

2. MESSAGING SYSTEM SERVICE 7.11 MESSAGING03 patch #1 (SP-level #03)

3. XI TOOLS 7.11 SAPXITOOL03 patch #1 (SP-level #03)

I check all other patchs also are lastest version.

But the same error still appears. What can i do? It needs some others steps to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you applied these patches to PI 7.11 EHP1 SP3 and the problem is still present then try following ...

Go to Administration->Java Webstart Administration->Restore Archives

The also clear cache of your WebStart environment. Then try again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Thanks for your support.

Just following your steps. The problem has been resolved.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP advise applying fixes to SP 8. However, we are in the process of upgrading to EP1 SP3.

I'm going to close this question now but thanks for all the responses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

We are facing the same error. Were you able to get pass this error. Please share your solution.

Thanks

Mukund

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have the same problem in PI7.11(PI 7.1 EHP1 SP03) SP03 and i applied all latest patch of SP03 . But the problem still persists.

Call anybody help me? Thanks very much.

Hi Srinivas Reddy,

Do you resolve this problem ? Hope help from you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi IBM China,

we are facing this problem on SP)3 and SAP has released a patch applied but no result and i think they are working on it.

Please update the thread if anybody has the solution with EHP1 SP03

Thanks,

Srini

Ben_B
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I received a response back from SAP. We followed their recommendations and this problem has been resolved for us. Hope this helps you and all others impacted by this as well:

Please apply the latest XI patches for your current SP08 release. This

should resolve this issue. The components that you need to apply the

patches are:

SAP-XIAFC

SAP_XIAF

SAP_XIESR

SAP_XITOOL

MESSAGING

CORETOOLS

Ben_B
Explorer
0 Kudos

We currently have two systems up on PI 7.1 (upgraded from 7.0). Our Sandbox system does not have this issue, but our Development system does. I use the same laptop to access both systems, so it wouldn't appear to have anything to do with the java version on the client machine. I will also be logging a customer message with SAP. If I get a resolution before this thread is updated I will post it here.

Thanks

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I had the same issue and got this resolved with the help of SAP. We are on PI 7.1 SP8.

Deploy the component MESSAGING SERVICE 7.10 SP 8 patch 3

After that, navigate to

Administration >Java Web Start Administration > Restore Archives.

Then relaunch the ESR application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I do have the same problem. we are on PI 7.1 EHP1 SP04.

Does the above component apply for EHP1 as well?

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think its the same component for EHP1. The one I mentioned is only for PI 7.1 SP8. There might be another version for EHP1 out there on the service marketplace.

Regards,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have found the related components for EHP1 and i will install and check whether that resolves the issue before we open an oss note.

I will udate the thread

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

We have the latest version of Messaging Component ie Messaging Service 7.11 SP03 and still the problem persists.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I think the corrections of the note 1353417 are still in assembly and the patch #1 for SP3 is not yet released for PI 7.1 EHP1. We opened a oss note and waiting on the response from sap.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Hope there is only one JRE version in your client ?

There should not be any JRE conflict ..--> you can check it in control panel !!

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

I had a similar error in 7.1,i downgraded my java to 1.4 and its working fine now.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thrown:

com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.FrameworkException: Internal problem occurred

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.ExceptionDialog.init(ExceptionDialog.java:124)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.ExceptionDialog.<init>(ExceptionDialog.java:96)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.IBMessages$1.run(IBMessages.java:319)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.thread.ThreadPool.assureAWTEventQueueing(ThreadPool.java:84)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.thread.ThreadPool.assureAWTEventQueueing(ThreadPool.java:67)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.IBMessages.showException(IBMessages.java:309)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.IBMessages.showException(IBMessages.java:299)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.Guitilities$EventProcessor$1.run(Guitilities.java:395)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.Guitilities$EventProcessor.dispatchEvent(Guitilities.java:319)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sap.aii.ib.bom.mt.js.JavaSource.setMode(I)V

at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.Project.getJavaFile(Project.java:324)

at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.mf.MappingTool.getJavaFile(MappingTool.java:107)

at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.fwutil.api.ViewUtil.prepareSave(ViewUtil.java:118)

at com.sap.aii.ibrep.gui.mapping.xitrafo.XiMappingView.prepareSave(XiMappingView.java:269)

at com.sap.aii.ib.gui.editor.DefaultPersistenceHandler.save(DefaultPersistenceHandler.java:153)

at com.sap.aii.ib.gui.editor.XiDocument.save(XiDocument.java:335)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.cmd.SaveCommand.execute(SaveCommand.java:76)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.ExecutionContext.execute(ExecutionContext.java:198)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.ExecutionContext.executeSafe(ExecutionContext.java:154)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.CommandAction.actionPerformed(CommandAction.java:82)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you trying to make the same operation from another client machine?

which version of JRE are installed in your current client machine(not in the PI server)?

Regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jose - I'm running Java WS Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_19-b02) on my client machine.

Aamir - Are you saying you downgraded Java Web Start to 1.4? According to the client installation guidelines I should be using 'Javau2122 2 Standard Edition 5.0 (J2SE 5.0) which includes Javau2122 Webstart.' When I install thisit includes version Java WS Version 1.5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Are you saying you downgraded Java Web Start to 1.4?

Yeah,this is what i did.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried it on another maching using Java WS 1.6.0_14 but get the same error. I'm still accessing a PI 7.0 system and when I try and access the ESB with Java WS 1.4.2_16 I get the following message.....

The application has requested a version of the Java 2 platform (JRE) that is currently not locally installed. Java Web Start was unable to automatically download and install the requested version. The JRE version must be installed manually

Error Code 11 (11 Could not locate requested version) returned from server when accessing resource: (http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se, 1.5+)

So to summerise...I can't launch the PI 7.1 developer tools using Java WS 1.4.2_16 & I get an error when saving the mapping with versions 1.6.0_14 & 1.5.0. So any more suggestions as it's obviously a java issue - but where? Client or PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>but where? Client or PI?

It is definitely the local desktop from where you are opening your message mapping.

Please try to install Java webstart 1.5 on your local machine and then try to open message mapping.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amir,

To summerise...

Java WS 1.4.2_16 - I can't lauch PI 7.1, it asks for Java WS 1.5

Java WS 1.5.0_20 - I can lauch ESB, but mapping error occurs

Java WS 1.6.0_14 - I can lauch ESB, but mapping error occurs

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I've raised an OSS note as this is a very strange problem. In the meantime I'm interested to know what version of JRE people are using to develop in PI 7.1. As I said earlier in my posting I'm running 7.1 SP8.

I look forward to hearing from you.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using

JRE 1.6.0_13 and we are on SP07

Regards

Suraj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.5.0_11 or 1.6.0_03 should work.....used both of these JREs....maitaining Class Path may help...check it.

As you have tested and even I have experienced JRE < 1.4 wont allow to open ESR/ ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

abhishek

Thanks - can you explain what you mean by 'maintaining a class path'?

Just tried JRE & JDK 1.6.0_15 on a clean machine without any luck. It's interesting that everything else works apart from saving mappings. I can create mappings, do the mapping, it's just when I come to save it.

Thanks

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rob,

Always the best thing would be to uninstall the whole JRE and then do a fresh install, else u will run into issues like this.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

That is a good idea - which I have done many times. I've uninstalled, rebooted, installed and tested. I'm not sure what else I can do. Hopefully SAP will get back to me shortly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Were you able to get any resolution for this issue? I am facing the same issue.

Regards,

Deepthi