cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DESADV01 IDOC and Carrier PRO/Tracking #

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently working with the configuration and mapping development of the DESADV01 for our outbound ASN's. Where within the IDOC flat file version of this document can I find Carrier PRO or Tracking numbers?

I ran the WE61 tansaction to view the document layout. I find references to the BOL#; however, I cannot find any Carrier Pro#/Tracking number references.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on your response, it appears that there is no location within the DESADV01 that currently stores the Carrier's PRO/Tracking number and I will need to create an extension to accomodate.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have not answered where are you planning to store the tracking # in SAP. I'm not aware of any such fields in the standard SD tables. If you're creating a custom field then, naturally, you'll have to extend the IDoc. If you're reusing some standard field, then search for a corresponding field in the IDoc.

Have you checked with the recipients of your IDoc? If you extend the IDoc and put this field where no one expects it, it will be useless. Mapping is usually a two-side process.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where are you planning to keep this tracking # in SAP? You can extend an IDoc to add the custom fields or reuse an existing field. I would check with potential recipients to see where they're expecting to find this information. They must also have some sort of mapping from a file to their system(s).