Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying ESR objects and ID objects from one pi system to another

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have taken export of a working env from a pi server (lets call it old pi server):

A_MYCOMP_PI_1.0_of_mycomp.tpz

C_MYCOMP_CANONIC_1.0_of_mycomp.tpz

I_MYCOMP_APPGROUPONE_1.0_of_mycomp.tpz

I_MYCOMP_APPGROUPTWO_1.0_of_mycomp.tpz

I_MYCOMP_MYAPPLS_1.0_of_mycomp.tpz

on a fresh installation of PI (lets call new pi server), i am starting new development for a new requirement.

but i want to refer the old developments(from above .tpzs) as the reference/guideline for new development.

so for temporarary duration, i want to import above swcv tpzs into new pi server.

after importing into ESR, the imported objects will be visible in ESR,

i think the corresponding SWCVs dont get created in new sld automatically. and i also dont want to create in sld, as these swcvs are just for temporary duration.

my question is:

can i use these imported esr objects in id. since it does not have corresponding SWCVs in sld, would that be an issue.

as i imported design objects from my old pi server in the via tpz files, similarly if i export the config ojbects from ID of old pi server, and import into new pi server, will the configurations work as is.

how is it possible to make the scenarios work in new pi server, as it is currently working in old pi server.

thanks,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>can i use these imported esr objects in id. since it does not have corresponding SWCVs in sld, would that be an issue.

sure, no need to have it in SLD - it will work without it

>>>as i imported design objects from my old pi server in the via tpz files, similarly if i export the config ojbects from ID of old pi server, and import into new pi server, will the configurations work as is.

in this case (ID) it will not work - you need to have it in SLD

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manjunath_b
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

How did you resolve this issue?

Regards,