cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about partner determination for customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts,

I have already read the documentation about this topic at forum. Still I have the following question:

why should we assign the partner function to the account group? According to my understanding, the partner function has to be assigned to partner determination procedure and then through partner determination it is associated with the account group. If the partner can be assigned to account group directly, why do we still need determination procedure?

Best regards,

Fan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fan,

Interesting question this is.

we assign partner functions to partner determination procedure and this procedure to the account group to control the mandatary functions in the customer master data.

We need to assign partner functions to account group, in order to get the number in the mandatory fields of the customer master partner functions.

Please check and let me know if you need any other data.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ravi,

thank you for your answer. However, I do not get it yet.

"We need to assign partner functions to account group, in order to get the number in the mandatory fields of the customer master partner functions."

What number? Do you mean the third column in the partner function table of customer master?

Best regards,

Fan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Let us consider an existing Partner Determination procedure in standard SAP.

The Partner Determination Procedure (e.g, ABCD) can contain multiple "Partner Functions". Suppose there are 100 numbers of Partner Functions in the Procedure.

We assign "Partner determination Procedure" to the "Account Group", so that , the assigned Procedure will be applicable for the Customer master data created under that Account group.

Suppose, Partner determination Procedure "ABCD" has been assigned to Account Group "XYZ".

Now, any Customer created under Account Group "XYZ", the Procedure "ABCD" will be applicable for them. Right?

We have already discussed , the Procedure "ABCD" contains 100 different "Partner Functions".

Out of these 100 Partner Functions, only those Partner Functions, which are permitted by the Account Group "XYZ" , they can only be entered in the Sales area data > Partner Function tab of the Customer master data.

Suppose, only 6 Partner functions (out of 100 no) are assigned to Account Group "XYZ".

So these 6 Partner Functions are permitted by the said Account Group "XYZ" and these 6 Partner Functions can only be entered in the Customer master data.

So, to summerise it, if you want to enter a Partner Function in the Customer master, then

- First, that Partner Function must be available in the Procedure which applicable, and

- Second, that Partner Function also must have been permitted (assigned) by the Account Group .

I hope, it is clarified.

Regards

Pradyumna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fan Mau,

We need to assign partner determination procedure to the account grop of the customer master because , customer master field settings are decided by account group definition.Go to "OBD2" and check this. There you specify the partner usage is mandatory or optional.We create the necessary partner functions and assign them to determination procedure in which we specify whether the partner functions (SP/SH/BP/PY/CR etc..) Are mandatory /not changeable. Based on this partner determination procedure only system comes to know which partner functions are to be present and which are optional and which are not allowed/defined. By assigining this procedure to account group ,system knows that the customers who belong to this particular account group should have this mandatory function(EX:SP), Partner function can not be changed or whether the partner function is allowed for this account group or not. Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

partner function assignment to account group

assigning the roles to the customer what he is allowed to do

for example

ship to party

payer

buyer

bill to party etc