cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart visibility condition - performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are working on a solution where we want a dynamic chart type (depending on the selection in a KPI table). As far as I can see the way to do it in VC is to create all charts, overlap them visually and then hide/show the charts depending on some logic. This also works quite fine.

My question however is: If I create a number of charts and hide them all except one, how will that affect performance? Of course it will need to run the hide/show logic for all charts, but will it "calculate" hidden charts?

Thanks

Karsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It will calculate or run all the charts but it will show only the chart which satisfies visibility condition. As you go on changing the logic then only it will show corrosponding charts. Adding multiple charts will certainly detoriate the performance but this also depends on the complexity of 'Data service'. If you are creating all the charts on same 'Data service' it will not affect the performance that much. IF you are using any mathematical formulas for each chart then it will detoriate. If charts are on different 'Data Services' then certainly it will detoriate the performance. There are many ifs & buts for this and all is dependent on you model configuration & "Data Service' which you are using.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

Thank you very much for your quick answer...eventhough it wasn't the answer I was hoping for.

Br Karsten

Answers (0)