Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source system upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people.

I have the following question:

When upgrading the source system from R3 to ECC 5

which steps should I execute in BW in order all the infosources to work propertly. I mean which deffinitions for the source system should I change or should I do something else?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check if helps oss note 591382 and 458305, before and after upgrade.

and

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b8d163a7-0301-0010-d9b0-98f...

Symptom

R/3 Release 3.1* with a plug-in is upgraded to a higher R/3 release with a plug-in. I am using BW Release 2.0* or higher.Deltas are loaded from the R/3 source system into BW.How can I make sure that delta requests continue to be loaded without any errors after the source system upgrade?

Other terms

RSA7, DeltaQueue, delta queue, delta Init, delta initialization,

extractor, OLTP system, SAPI, Service API

Reason and Prerequisites

Upgrade problems in the BW source system

Solution

1. Before the upgrade, make sure that all existing deltas are loaded into BW.The last request delta must not deliver any data and must be green in the monitor.

2. After the OLTP upgrade, refer to note 458305 and other notes that are relevant to the actual upgrade (depending on the R/3 system release and the R/3 plug-in).

3. Especially for delta problems:In the BW system, start the 'RSSM_OLTP_INIT_DELTA_UPDATE' program for the DataSource and the source (OLTP) system for which the init selections are then transferred from BW into the ROOSPRMSC and ROOSPRMSF tables in the source system so that the delta can continue.The report is delivered with Support Package 18 for BW 2.0B or Support Package 10 for BW 2.1C.

4. You can then continue to load deltas.

Symptom

After the OLTP system upgrade, data can no longer be uploaded. The error message, 'Control parameters are not maintained completely' or 'DataSource must be replicated' or 'Transfer structure must be activated'. No data may arrive, which must be provided by the customer exit.

Other terms

OLTP upgrade, plug-in upgrade

Reason and Prerequisites

Upgrade in the BW Source System (PlugIn, CRM, EBP, or another BW R/3 source system)

Solution

Note:

1. After a plug-in upgrade, the link to the BW System is set to inactive. -> Note 359412.

2. Usually, changes to the already available DataSources are not included with the upgrade. In exceptional cases, information about changes is provided in the release notes for the plug-in. Thus, an upgrade not necessarily requires a new transfer of the DataSources via RSA5 in the source system. Only if the transfer rules in BW no longer suit the DataSource and cannot be activated, or if you newly take the transfer rules from the Content in BW and they no longer correspond to the DataSource in the active version in the source system, it may be required to take over the DataSource from the Content in the OLTP system.

We advise against taking over all DataSources from the Content in the OLTP system. This is unnecessary effort, and the newly transferred DataSources may cause errors and confusion in BW after replication. Transfer from the Content, for example, sets a new time stamp in the DataSource table. As soon as BW notices that the time stamp at the DataSource in the OLTP is newer than the one in the transfer structure, it requests replication of the DataSource and activation of the transfer structure. In addition, you certainly do not need all DataSources for daily operation. Transfer the relevant DataSources only if required, and transfer only the ones that have changed (RSA5 -> Delta).

Please note, however, that, if the DataSources contained append structures with append fields, all append fields are set to 'invisible' by default when activating the DataSources via RSA5. For this reason, the fields are no longer replicated to BW, and the transfer rules cannot be activated. If you still need the append fields, please make sure to set them to 'visible' again via RSA6 (DataSource maintenance)!

This behavior is changed with Service API 30B Support Package 07. The fields of the append structures are no longer touched by the plug-in upgrade, and all settings of the customer fields remain unchanged.

SAPI 30B SP7 is contained in PlugIn 2002.2 SP2 and PI_BASIS 2002.2 SP2.

3. Nevertheless, if you have a situation where several transfer structures have to be activated at the same time, refer to Note 324520.

4. If you are using a customer exit with the extractor in the OLTP, refer to Note 393492.