cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct URL for creating a project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to go directly to the Create project page, ie like if you under the Projects tab/view hit the Create button? Even better would be to have the Project type and Template populate from the URL and hit the next Create button. Is this feasible via config and/or parameters in the URL or is the Projects view/tab as far as you get?

We are on cProjects 4.5.

Thanks,

Mats

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mats,

I dont think that this is a part of standard solution. However, if you'd like to automate the project creation process, you may use BUS21* FMs for the same.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your suggestion. If at all possible we would like achieve this without programming our own transaction. Just to clarify, we do not want to create the project automatically but skip two screen and populate Project type and Template fields from the URL.

Regards,

Mats

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mats,

As per my knowledge, this cannot be achieved via any standard configuration/transaction.

Regards,

Vivek

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mats,

in 4.5 it is possible to provide defaults (per user) by means of the "User Settings" on the second tab. There you can add default values for the types of the various objects (e.g. Project type). However it's not possible set a default template here. In order to accomplish this, you can employ BAdI DPR_ATTRIBUTES~SET_DEFAUTLS_UPON_CREATION

But I'm afraid it's not possible to entirely skip the first screen creating a project.

I hope this helps a bit...

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, your suggestion is a step forward although it is not exactly want we want but I guess we have to live with it.

Regards,

Mats

Answers (0)