cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watermark in ALL printouts from the dev/test system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

A way back I was responding and was one of the top contributors here, now I see myself in the situation to humbly ask for your oppinion.

We have this situation: we have a lot of SAPscripts and Smartforms in the dev/QA systems. The client is using the same printers for both test printing and productive ones. We want that all the spools that come out of dev and QA to have a watermark on them, text, picture, what have you.

I wonder if you know which standard program should be enhanced/modified to achieve this and how it should be modified.

Best regards and thanks in advance,

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so we decided to propose something like having all the printers set up in dev and qa to print the sap cover page.

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thnk you have to modify all your sapscript/smartform to add text/picture and output the desire text when system is not Live.

You can use SY-SYSID to identify the system.

Just to speed up the process, for sapscript you can creating a standard text with this IF condition in it and INCLUDE this standard text in all your script.

However in case of smartform the command within standard text doesn't work so you have to put condition on node itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Doing it for each and every one is not an option.

The challenge might be split into 2 ways:

a) finding what exactly is called in the standard when a spool is created and have the spool modified there

b) finding exactly what is called when the spool is printed ( right before that, of course) and have the spool modified there

Regards,

George

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Well, I must say thats a very good idea and I will be curious to see the solution.

I wonder if that is possible without modifying the sap standard code as I doubt there will be any customer exit/BADI to modify the spool just before it is sent to printer.

Pawan.

PS: I think FM RSPO_RPRINT_SPOOLREQ is sending the spool to printer.

Edited by: Pawan Kesari on Aug 5, 2009 6:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was just in the debugger on this exact function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You know what?

I have another idea and this is the minimum I need to accomplish. A custom program runs in a job every day/hour/ whatever and modifies all the created spools for that day by inserting this watermark. For this, I will need detailed information on how to add what I want in the TemSe object.

Can anyone help on this topic? If not, debugging the standard will.

Regards,

George