Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password for Firefighter ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have configured Firefighter Rel. 5.2, when the user switches to FirefighterID the System asks for the password. Where do we have to maintain the password for the Firefighter ID (In a Table or Transaction) ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firefighter ID is a service user and you need to maintain its password in SU01.

Check this this thread for more information:

Thank you,

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Firefighter ids are need to created as Service id through Su01 and after that you need to maintain that FF id and password in "Security " tab of firefighter dashboard ( tcode /n/virsa/vfat ) and save it. After saving that password actually stored in a encrypted format . Please be sure you are maintaining the same password you set in su01 to security table of FF dashboard , otherwise the FF user will get login error. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kakali

0 Kudos

Thanks for the help,

but when I cklick on the "Security" button, I get the error message "These settings are NOT required anymore" Message no. /VIRSA/VFAT679.

Is there anything missing ?

0 Kudos

From Rel. 5.2 we need not maintain password in Security tab. Maintaining in SU01 will suffice.

Thank you,

Partha

0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Thank you for your update. But i have a confussion.

I am working for a client where GRC 5.3 is installed. As a result we have SPM 5.3 in SAP backend system. And we are using Security tab as usual.

Could you please let me know if addition/upgrade to new support pack add this feture or not. If yes then what is that for release 5.2 and 5.3 too . Please guide.

Regards,

Kakali

0 Kudos

Hi,

This feature has been introduced as of 5.3 SP8. Please have a look at Note # Note # 1319031 for more information.

Regards,

Alpesh

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing this same issue with VIRSA support pack 400_700 with support pack level 10 on ECC 6.

can anyone confirm?

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Which issue exactly?

Frank.