cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP on windows server 2008 64 bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am planning to install SAP IDES 6.0 on Windows server 2008 64 bit edition. I am gonna use IBM DB2.

I have run pre-requisite check , where it shows that OS condition is not met, as My System is only supporting Vista and Windows

server 2008 edition.

Can any one help me.

Thanks

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The prerequisite checker of the IDES media doesn't including Windows 2008 because at the time it was produced, Windows 2008 was not available.

According to PAM it's supported.

You may use the latest XML file from

Note 855498 - Installation Prerequisite Checker

to check again.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks 4 answer......really appreciate......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey markus,

Can u help me to install SAP on my system, if u dont mind..

as i m doing first time.....

Thnx

Cheers

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you read the official installation guides at http://service.sap.com/instguides - and read all the notes mentioned in that guide.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi markus,

I got all the CDs but dont know about Licence key, how i can obtain tht........

Thx

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need a DB2 license and a SAP license and a working Solution Manager to generate installation keys.

http://service.sap.com/licensekey

This is all covered in the official installation guides.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

I am trying to install SAP IDES 6.0..... while i m trying to install it , it is asking forUnlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files at runtime.

I do have local and US policy jar file, but i guess its asking for JCE extension file, i dont know about it. so i m not able to proceed further.

Can anyone help me ASAP coz i m stucked like anythng.

thanks

Cheers

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am trying to install SAP IDES 6.0..... while i m trying to install it , it is asking forUnlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files at runtime.

> I do have local and US policy jar file, but i guess its asking for JCE extension file, i dont know about it. so i m not able to proceed further.

Read what it's written in sapinst, it points you to the location where to download. Download it and point sapinst to the ZIP file (do not unzip).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi markus,

Thanks for reply...

I have upload JCE zip file...after clicking next button i m getting following Errors,

ERROR 2014-10-02 09:52:29

MOS-01185 The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

ERROR 2014-10-02 09:52:29

FCO-00011 The step collect with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_GetSidNoProfiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|collect was executed with status ERROR .

i guess its about Loopback adapter configuration. Still i m not sure... DO u have any idea about it.

How i can get rid of it.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Download the Latest Sapinst from Servicemarket place and re-run, this worked for me.

At a later stage, please check cancel when the system reports that operating system incompatible so that it may continue to install.

Good luck, Ismael.

0 Kudos

Download the Latest Sapinst from Servicemarket place and re-run, this worked for me.

At a later stage, please check cancel when the system reports that operating system incompatible so that it may continue to install.

Good luck, Ismael.

0 Kudos

Good luck, Ismael.

0 Kudos

Good luck, Ismael.

Answers (0)