cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Data Source in CUP AC5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the functionality of the User data sourcein Compliant User Provisioning?

We are using HR module and i have created the connector using the Jco destination VIRSA_HRModel.

I have configured the User data source type as SAP HR System as VIRSA_HRModel and Details source type as SAPHR with System name as VIRSA_HRModel.

Please explain the functionality.

Regards,

Kumar Rayudu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

As you know CUP is an ticket creation, user provisioning tool with automated workflow. So CUP will need to bring user details or user information for requestor, approver, manager etc. from some kind of source. This is where data source comes into picture. Whenever you need to search for an user ID, CUP will look at the search data source and whenever CUP needs to bring in user information like name, email, phone etc., CUP will use user details data source.

DO NOT USE JCO IN CUP, ERM AND SPM. You will need to have exactly same connector names in all four modules of AC 5.3 for all of the integration functionality to work. When you use JCo, it will not allow you to change the default name (virsahr_model in your case).

ONE MORE THING, NEVER EVER TOUCH JCo OTHER THAN VIRSAXSR3 EVEN FOR RAR (CC). VIRSAHR AND VIRSAR3 ARE NOT RECOMMENDED TO USE.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (0)