cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Async RFC to file -data not passsed to PI

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Im facing a peculiar problem in Async RFC to File scenario.

I have done all the required configurations for it.

Referred the following blogs :

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?query=rfctofile+scenario

As soon as I trigger the scenario in R/3 , I get a message in PI but the data is not passed.

The payload I get in PI is with empty tags...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to all for the quick responses...

Abhishek/Manjusha : I chekcked the RWB -> Message monitoring , the payload is empty tags there as well.

Prateek : Reimported the RFC and stopped and started the Communication channel..but stil no luck..

Sunil/PrasannaKrishna/Deepak : Checking the logic in R/3...Guess there is an issue while sending the data from R/3 itself..

Will update on the link once logic in R/3 is checked...

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

If you are able to see the message in Sxmb_moni then there is no connection issue.

You need to check the code/logic that sends data to PI.

there may be issue in the logic defined to fetch the data and send it to pi.

Regards,

Deepak.

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramya,

In case in SXMB_MONI's inbound payload there is no message, then check your report where you are calling RFC function module. Try to catch the execeptions (COMMUNICATION_FAILURE and SYSTEM_FAILURE)while calling your function module. and also the Export parameters if function module.

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the message entry in RWB

Go to RWB->Message Monitoring

Select Adapter Engine.

Select your message.Click on Display to see the payload in the second tab.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

In case you have changed the RFC structure after it was imported to PI, you need to load metadat again. Another thing to be done is stopping and starting the RFC communication channel once through Communication channel monitoring.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

As you are getting the empty payload there is not probelm i nthe connection between R/3 and XI system.

1. Check the logic you used in RFC .. place a break point and check your execution is a getting data properly.

2. Some times due to the re design in the interface the cache needs to be updated properly.. Check this too.

Regards

Sunil.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try monitoring your RFC channel in RWB ---> Component Monitoring ---> Adapter Engine -> Communication Channel Monitoring-> RFC CC name

Check if you are getting any payload in the channel.

Regards,

Abhishek.