cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Usage in Enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I try to enhance standard component /SCF/REWO_DETAIL with new component usage (say, SALV_WD_TABLE). It allows me to add new usage, but the usage does not appear in the "Component Usages" tree node.

Is it a bug? Is it possible to enhance a standard component with new component usage?

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There was another thread on this recently. The person entered a support ticket, but support came back and said this was not a bug - but just a limitation of the enhancement option. You can add the component usage, but not do the reverse context mapping.

For the ALV, you can always do the data mapping dynamically in code using the SET_DATA method of the ALV Component Interface in a Pre- or Post- method exit.

* Connect to the component Usage of the ALV
  if wd_this->wd_cpuse_alv( )->has_active_component( ) is initial.
    wd_this->wd_cpuse_alv( )->create_component( ).
  endif.

* Through the interface controller of the ALV Component set the DATA node dynamically
  wd_this->wd_cpifc_alv( )->set_data( r_node_data = dyn_node  ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Thomas. I found the other thread in the meanwhile and used the example provided there to implement my own workaround: Enhance the view to be modified with a post-exit for one of it's methods to pass the context node I need to my own component using an interface method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem here...

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.