cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC User for satellite systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I just wanted to ask about one issue. We are a SAP partner and using Solution Manager in VARs scenario. There are many systems of our customers connected to our Solution Manager..

Now I want to ask about RFC user(s). As I see, in our Solution Manager there are many users(communications type C) with Synthax SOLMAN<system id> or something like that. It means basically, that we have for every particular customerS system one SOLMAN user for RFC(cust_scout) in our Solution Manager. My question is if we can replace all of these users with only one RFC user for all the systems and customers?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Miloslav Pudil

IDS Scheer

Prague

Czech Republic

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I just wanted to ask about one issue. We are a SAP partner and using Solution Manager in VARs scenario. There are many systems of our customers connected to our Solution Manager..

> Now I want to ask about RFC user(s). As I see, in our Solution Manager there are many users(communications type C) with Synthax SOLMAN<system id> or something like that. It means basically, that we have for every particular customerS system one SOLMAN user for RFC(cust_scout) in our Solution Manager. My question is if we can replace all of these users with only one RFC user for all the systems and customers?

Hi Miloslav,

Technically, it will work that you define one common RFC user in your SolMan for communication (RFC BACK destination) from all connected managed systems.

BUT, I would never recommend it.

Once a managed system cause issues in your SolMan, you are not able (or at least it's much more difficult) to identify the managed system. Same happens, if a invalid password in the BACK destination leads to a locked user.

My recommendation: Spend the extra effort in creating a user per managed system. Operation will be much easier later.

See also this guide:

[Activating EarlyWatch Alert [EWA] in End Customeru2019s System |http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000089947&_OBJECT=011000358700000567342009E]

Best regards,

Ruediger