cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy - File Adapter - "Still awaiting acknowledgment"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a "Proxy -> BPM -> File" scenario and have configured acknowledgment. When the data is sent from proxy and written to file without errors I get the correct acknowledgment back to the R3 system. But when the file can't be written (FTP cant be reached) then I get an error in the BPM step but get an Wait step in R3. "Still awaiting acknowledgment"

sxmb_moni in PI:

Processed successfully@ @Still awaiting acknowledgment @ 04.08.2009 14:47:18 14:47:18 @R3System

Processed successfully@ @Acknowledgment contains system errors @ 04.08.2009 14:47:19 14:47:19 @Integration Process

In SWWL I see this status:

Waiting for event 'SEND_OK_TRANSPORT' of object type 'CL_SWF_XI_MESSAGE'

Maybe it has something to do with the "Guaranteed delivery". It retries 4 times and maybe it is waiting for an retry limit or something. I am not sure.

Any ideas on this one?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

File Adapter tries to connect to FTP 3 times and after that it declare the message as System Error and which in turn should send negative acknowledgement , if BPM is configured properly for Acknowledgement in Send Step ( use Transport Acknowledgement) . And don't forget to define a Deadline branch apart from Exception Handling which will terminate the BPM running on server after limited retries.

I hope it helps you to some extent.

Regards,

Anurag Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried a deadline. But this time after the process (BPM) got cancelled (terminated) a successful acknowledgment "No errors in acknowledgment" were returned to R3. Shouldn't this be a "Acknowledgment contains system errors" ?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Shouldn't this be a "Acknowledgment contains system errors" ?

Are you implementing any logic once the deadline is met?

To send the NACK to R3 you need to have a Send step in your Exception/ deadline branch which will send the required message to R3.

A similar approach is shown here: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

Instead of the Control Step you need to have a Send Step.

Update:

Please note that any acknowledgement from AE will come into the BPM and will not go directly/ automatically to R3. The meaning of acknowledgement coming back to the Sender Application means ACK/ NACK to the BPM and not any other system.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Aug 5, 2009 2:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , you are right, it should be negative ack after BPM terminated. Check correctly , for this message if File Adapter processed successfully. In case of error at adapter end, BPM should end with Neg Ack only.

Still let me find out something else.

Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How should I design the BPM. My bpm is like this:

Receive step -> Block (starts, Exceptions=SendError) -> SendStep (acknowledgment=transport) -> Deadlinebranch (reference=creating new step, inside is a control step - action=Throw Exception, Exception=SendError) -> Exception Branch (exception handler=SendError) -> Block (ends) -> Stop

Now in deadline I said 1 minute. after that the process is cancelled and I get a Positive Ack. back to R3. But I need a negative one.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By Default your receiver CC will try for 3 times at an interval of 5 mins each

So a deadline of 1 min may not help.....just think what you will do if the retry succeeds in the third attempt i.e. after 10 mins...or does not succeed at all

Have an Exception branch and then in that branch include a Send Step....this Send step should contain the failure message.

You can check the approach as mentioned in the blog which I gave in previous reply.

after that the process is cancelled and I get a Positive Ack

Yes you will get a Positive ACK only...since the process has completed and has not gone into an error state.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to avoid retry? I just want that it tries ones to write the file and if it get an error to end the process and get back and negative acknowledgment?

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

without bpm there is no problem. solved it that way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having a similar requirement where I have to check the acknowledgment from file adapter. Can you please let me know how did you do this.

Thanks in advance.

Pragati.

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pragati,

Were you able to address your requirement of checking the acknowledgment from file adapter? How did you do it? Please share.

Thanks also in advance.

Francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

configure exception handling / deadline in BPM and send related error message back as ack.

Edited by: NetWeaver Expert on Aug 5, 2009 8:47 AM