cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Compute DC build order: could not load used DC"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I' m a newbie to DC-development, so please excuse the - probably silly - question, but I already went through various help.sap.com-tutorials and feel still a litte helpless.

When I create a Web Dynpro-Development Component-Project under "Local Development" -> "My Components", I get for all Used DCs the warning

"Compute DC build order: could not load used DC: sap.com/com.sap.mw.jco"

a.s.o.

If I then create a Web Dynpro-Component inside the project, I receive numerous errors s. a.

"The Import of com.sap cannot be resolved."

If I look at the projects build path, it really misses all the WD runtime libraries, JCos a. s. o.

If I try to add a "Used DC", I get - under "Local Development" - the list of DCs s. a. BI_UDI, SAP-JEE ..., but cannot expand any of these.

Could anybody tell me what I' m missing?

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The NWDS SP15 installation forgets to copy the .dcdef files for the DCs of the SAP standard SC's. You can copy them by hand from the installation sources.

Open a command prompt go to the IDE folder of the installation sources and execute the following command:

xcopy *.dcdef "C:\Program Files\SAP\JDT\" /s

This assumes that you installed NWDS into C:\Program Files.

Alternatively you can install NWDS SP16, which does not have this, but other problems....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal,

Indeed my SP 15 installation has no .dcdef files. But a search on *.dcdef in my C:\<INSTALL SOURCE>\J2EE-RUNT-CD\IDE folder and subfolders shows no .dcdef files either. ?? Despite this, SP 15 still function for me (though I had to re-synch Used DCs in a couple of cases). Can you explain why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows XP? WinXP Search sucks. try searching using a command prompt and the dir command:

dir /s .dcdef

You will only face these problems when using the Local Development "SC".

Message was edited by: Pascal Willemsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even using DOS dir command, no .dcdef files. But since that only impacts Local Development SCs, I won't worry about it. Thanks.

Answers (0)