Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day Friends,

I am having a strange problem in our system. Let me explain the scenario:

Before 8 months I have create some roles and transported to QAS and then to PRD. Now I have modified some descriptions in roles but haven't created any transport request. Now when I am transporting the old transport request (.i.e. 8 months old) form our Development client 200 to 210 the new changes are reflecting where as I am expecting the old changes.

This is quite strange because the transport request is already released and how can it transports the current changes.

Looking forward for your views

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • No Cross posting.

• Do not duplicate threads

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

You created the same thread 3 times with 2 users including this one and

This is the last warning

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can do transport.

1. Create new transport request under customizing request

2. select that tranport request and click on include object

3.then specify the old tranport request.then it will added to you your new tranport request number.

Regards,

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asif

My issue is , when I am transporting the old transport request which is released before 8moths how it is carrying the current changes. The current change should appear with a new transport request only, not with old one which is already released.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please tell me that your Dev ,Qas and Production are at same patch level.

What i can suggest you is download the rola from production and upload it in the Dev and then make the following changes in the new transport ad then import that in Qas and Production.I think you will have to upload the role in QAS also.

Thanks

RIshi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

My question is why it is happening, how a released transport request carrying the new changes ?

FYI..

My patch level is same throuh out the landscape.

But, currently I am transporting the role from DEV-200 to DEV-210 through Tcode SCC1. The change I have done in the roles sholud only be transported through New transport request, not with the old request which is released and had old changes with in it.

Kind Regards,

Ssatyabrat