Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkin own SCAs into a track

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

i had developed Web Dynpro Applications using the JDI. The applications got deployed to Server "SERV1". We then moved our JDI as well as the SLD to a new server. So now i want to check in the already developed Web Dynpros into the new JDI. I do have the SCAs copied to the respective inbox folder of the new JDI Server, but unfortunatelly the SCAs doesnt show up at the checkin tab. The JDI is running on a WAS 6.40 SP16. Im sure im missing something.

As we moved to a new SLD as well there isnt a Product / SC of the respective Application yet. Maybe thats why it doesnt find the SCA at the checkin? Do i have to deploy the SCA using the SDM, even tho it is already running on the server ("SERV1")?

regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SCA needs to have a specific format in order to have it picked up by the CMS Transport Studio. Compare the format of your SCA with the 3 base SCA's to check this. The SCA that you have is probably a deployment SCA and not a JDI build SCA.

Deploying using SDM will not get the Web Dynpro's into your new JDI configuration.

Until SAP comes with an official JDI migration guide I'm afraid you'll have to move everything by hand: Set up the SLD, create your Web Dynpro DCs in NWDS and copy the contents of the DCs from the old JDI as described in the SAP Note for moving a DC to a different SC, etc.

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

thx for your reply, but what about SAP-Note 790922? They clearly say it should work.

regards,

Markus

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, what i find interesting... I have created 2 different tracks for the Standard SAP XSS Services, one for ESS and one for MSS. At the track for ESS it does only show the ESS SCA, as well as the dependent SCAs for checkin and when im on the MSS track it shows only the MSS SCA etc. So there has to be some link between the defeined SCs of the respective track and the SCA files, else the system wouldnt know what SCA does belong to what track.

This seems to be new, as with SP14 there was still the value help button at the checkin tab and you have to choose the right SCAs on your own... With SP16, SAP has kinda developed a logic, which does determin what SCA does belong to what track..

regards,

Markus

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just did a test and fired up the old JDI again (Which is running on 6.40 SP14!) and i copied the custom made SCA file from the archive to the Inbox folder and wonder what it does show up at checkin! (pressing the value help button!). Unfortunatelly our new JDI is running on SP16 and there isnt any Value help button anymore...

regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since SP15 you can specify per Track in which folder's the Check-In should look for SCA files. Just hit the "Configure Check-In..." button.

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

the configuration does point to the correct inbox folder, but my own SCA file doesnt show up. Also i have moved both the ESS and the MSS SCAs to the inbox folder. Now the interesting part. When im on the ESS track i do see only the ESS SCA at the Check-in, as well as the dependent SCs of the ESS SC, but i do not see the MSS SCA! When im on the MSS its the other way around...

So there has to be some link between the SCA file and the SC defined in a track. As we are on a new SLD as well, there aint a Product or SC for the respective custom SCA i do wanna checkin.. maybe thats the problem...

regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your missing link is the CMS Landscape Configurator: There you define which SC's are part of a track and thus the Transport Studio can determine the relevant SCA's for a track.

The list of available SC's for use in a track in turn comes from the SLD. So as long as your own SC is not defined in the SLD, you cannot add it to a track definition in the Landscape Configurator and therefore it will not show up in the Transport Studio Check-In tab.

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

ok, i think we are getting close to the solution. I do have a SCA file, but i do not have a SC entry for this very SCA file at the SLD, as i have developed the application on the old SLD. How do i add it? Adding just some SC entry doesnt seem to work.

Or more in general, lets say i have purchased a 3rd party Software (got a SCA file), in order to upload this new Software to a track, i would need an entry in my SLD first. How? Does deploying a SCA using the SDM add an entry to the SLD?

regards,

Markus

martin_stahl
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

in order to check in the SCA the corresponding software component needs to be configured with the track you want to check in the SCA. Therefore you would need to configure the track accordingly in the landscape configurator of the CMS. However the landscape configurator in CMS does know only the software components and software component versions registered in SLD. Thus you would need to create a new software component in SLD. The procedure is described here:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e1/2aa0753d12479cb6f21c38371299a7/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e1/2aa0753d12479cb6f21c38371299a7/content.htm</a>.

After creation of the software component in SLD you need to download the software component data from SLD to CMS - the corresponding procedure is described here:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/37/fd454117acf423e10000000a155106/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/37/fd454117acf423e10000000a155106/content.htm</a>

After that you should be able to configure the track correctly and after track configuration the check in should work!

I hope this solves your problem!

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternatively you can Export the definition of the SC or Product in the old SLD and import the created export file into the new SLD.

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

yea i thought so too and exported the SLD CIM data for this product from the old SLD. When im trying to import it to the new SLD it gives me a warning about something that the namespace already exists (dont have the exact message at hand) and that proceeding with the import could result in corrupt data.. Im a bit uncertain right now..

Markus

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

this is exactly what i did at first. I created a new product and a SC at the new SLD, added the dependent SCs and saved everything. My idea was, that i could easily add the SCA i created earlier basing on the old SLD to this new track, but unfortunately this does not work. The SCA doesnt show up at the checkin tab of this track. Obviously the JDI doesnt know that this very SCA should belong to this track... So the question is how can i teach the new SLD/JDI that the SCA i created earlier should get into track xyz?

regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you use the exact same name and version for the SC definition in the SLD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have a look at the export01.xml file in the exported zip to check what's in there and find out if it may overwrite something important... This is not a funny task though... This warning might be caused by the fact that you already tried to define the Product and SC in the SLD.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

We are also facing similiar problem with our Custom SCA files when we migrate from old JDI to new JDI. Have you been able to find out the solution?

Thanks,

Jojo