Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME32k in Background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have issue with ME32K transaction. I have an BDC program which creates a session for the ME32K and when we process a session in foreground every thing goes well. But when I process in background I get a error saying there is no data for screen ‘511’.

When I look into ME32k program I found that 511 screen is for Account Assignment Category .

I wonder from where dose screen 511 comes up I do not see this screen when I process in foreground and call has never made to this screen at all.

Any help and inputs greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Its very common that some screens appear in background and not in the foreground or also vice a versa. As the screen flow depends on various factors.

Try to identify what data is missing for that screen and try to pass that data in the BDCDATA internal table and check if it resolves your problem.

Cheers

VJ

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Its very common that some screens appear in background and not in the foreground or also vice a versa. As the screen flow depends on various factors.

Try to identify what data is missing for that screen and try to pass that data in the BDCDATA internal table and check if it resolves your problem.

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that it is a coding block. But the thing is screen ( Dialog box) is Account Assignment Category three are few mandatory fields and fields in the this screen changes based on the Account assignment category selected so how can I know what are the fields that are coming in background.

There are few fields that are common irrespective of category type selected like GL Account number, Company Code.

Now how /Where can get appropriate correct values for this fields.

Please advise.