cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVC Generate Immediately

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All.

First off, my experience with APO is very limited. I am an ABAPer that is helping our DP guy with a problem in his APO setup.

Background -

Our DP guy setup CVCs for each Material Manually. This happened to have a characteristic that was different then what our Master Data Team established in R/3. Therefore, sales data in the Cube, is unable to be moved into LiveCache. Our solution is to create the CVCs that will match what Master Data established in R/3. I have already tested that this process is successful by creating a CVC one at a time and updating the Time Series. Then pulling the data from the InfoCube to LiveCache.

The problem I am running into is using the Generate Immediately option of MC62 - Create Characteristic Combinations. I have created an Excel Sheet (exported to Tab Delimited file) that has the correct CVCs (recieved from log from failed load data from info cube); I have the columns listed in the order the help button suggests. When execute after selecting the file, it processes, but then the CVCs are not showing up. However, using the same data, I can create the CVCs manually using Create Single Characteristic Combination.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? Is there a step I am missing? I have spent time searching this forums, google and Sales and Inventory Planning with SAP APO (Sections 3 & 4); so far the information I have found on this topic is very general and does not have anything that would help me troubleshoot this problem.

Thank you,

Steven Coolbaugh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I suggest you few steps, if you have not tried earlier you can try this way

If i understand corretly your issue, the issue with the excel that what you are uploading. becuase if the excel matches to POS, irrespective of the values in excel it will create CVC. DP will not worry about the real integration with R/3.

so suggest here to have the suitable excel format, there is way you can follow as

1. Go to MC62 and display existing CVC, as you get all the CVC please down load them into a local file.

2. once you downloaded the existing CVC, delete all the CVC from Excel and use this as a template for the next CVC generatio.

3. now you can just follow the same steps to create CVC with Generate immediately.

If the issue stil persists,

4. pleae try with load to worklist method of CVC generation, where you can see whether the excel values are able to upload it to the system or not?

5. Then generate CVC, becuase there is no differece for the both the methods, where the second case is two step and first one is single step.

Hope this will help you

Yarala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

What Yarala suggested shoudl work!

One additional detail: there is one difference between "load to worklist" and "generate immediately": with the later you need to use internal CVC formal, i.e with leading zero when relevant!

So as suggested try with load to worlist, it is easier to maintain and allow you to check the result before the generate!

Thanks and Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I suggest you few steps, if you have not tried earlier you can try this way

If i understand corretly your issue, the issue with the excel that what you are uploading. becuase if the excel matches to POS, irrespective of the values in excel it will create CVC. DP will not worry about the real integration with R/3.

so suggest here to have the suitable excel format, there is way you can follow as

1. Go to MC62 and display existing CVC, as you get all the CVC please down load them into a local file.

2. once you downloaded the existing CVC, delete all the CVC from Excel and use this as a template for the next CVC generatio.

3. now you can just follow the same steps to create CVC with Generate immediately.

If the issue stil persists,

4. pleae try with load to worklist method of CVC generation, where you can see whether the excel values are able to upload it to the system or not?

5. Then generate CVC, becuase there is no differece for the both the methods, where the second case is two step and first one is single step.

Hope this will help you

Yarala