Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Bid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Consultants,

The process of Public Bid Invitation in my client is the following:

The Bid invitation must be posted in the Portal but only some specific bidders are able to bid.

The idea is to generate a Public Bid Invitation to the Portal and also add manually the desired bidders into the Bid invitation.

Is it possible to restrict that only the bidders included in the Bid Invitations are the only able to bid?

Thanks,

Ezequiel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ezequiel,

Choose the Publication type as "Restricted RFx", only selected bidders included in the RFx can participate.

Hope this solves.

Thanks

Ashutosh

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ezequiel

As Ashuthosh said you can select restricted transaction type.

I woulk like to know how public bid invitation also works.

How did you broadcasting your bid invitatation to vendors . vendor catalogs like Dun and Brad sheet ?

since the supplier can not submit the bid unless they have logon credential .

then they must register and srm must accept that vendor then so many steps.

i believe you can distribute the public bid inviatation to supplier directory if you maintain.

The rule is that Whoever wanted to do business in SRM , he must be a valid Business Partner in Our organisational structure.

please share your idea too. it helps us too.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hu Muthu,

Public bids can be published to a portal (if you have it implemented), and also optionally can be added bidders so that they receive a notification. My understanding is that all the bidders you have in your database can bid to this Public Bid....and this is not what we would like to happen. The process we desire is that if some of the vendors would like to bid, they will have to be manually added by the purchaser.

Hope this clarify the issue.

Mnay thanks for your comments.

Ezequiel

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks much Ezequiel for your valuable information.

Restricted Bid Inviatation, you can select the desired bidders from the bidder list or vendor list right.

just you have to create two bid invitation document type one is for Public another one for restricted bid inviatation. while create a bid inviatation you get option to select both restric or public bid inviatation right.

one question Ezequiel :- for eg public Inviatation , I published the news in our portal >How the notification of bidinvitation goes to all biiders/vendors and how they will loginto our Bidiing Engine to submit their bids.

any help is appreciated.

thanks

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If you are selecting the Public Bid. i think bids will be submitted to all the vendors in the vendor list.

there will not be any selection.

In the case of Restricted bid you have to select atleast one bidder from the bidder list,the system will not allow you to proceed to the next step to publish the bid

Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ashutosh,

Can explain in detail ...how to add selected bidders in the bid so that only those can view the bids.

and if i want to add the new bidder after it has been published then how hoe to proceed further.

regds

Kumar.

Answers (0)