cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Agent - IS Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am implementing the SMD (Solution Manager Diagnostics) in our SAP Solution Manager.

I follow the standard SOLMAN_SETUP guided procedure.

I have installed the SMD Agent (new instance in my managed system) with SAPINST.

I have installed the IS Agent (SCA) with SDM (Software Deployment Manager).

I have no technical issue.

1. Regarding the IS Agent, it collects performance data in real time, and

send the information to the Enterprise Manager.

2. Regarding the SMD Agent, it collects data and send them to to SMD in SOLMAN.

I have also read that SMD agents are used to collect Extractor FrameWork records and Introscope Metrics.

My question :

1. Can you explain what kind of data the IS Agent is collecting in in the managed system ?

2. Can you explain what kind of data the SMD Agent is collecting in the managed system ?

3. Can you tell me if the IS Agent is integrated in the SMD ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards

PC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) IS Agents collects data of both Hosts and the Server :1) wily host agents delivered with SMD collects the host data such as SAPOSCOL,Users logged in and some data specific to OS/Instance. 2) IS agents deployed thru SDM, Collects the instance specific details right to the Application/Url level. Since you have already installed, you can appraise it in the system.

2) SMD agent collects data from the statistical data of SAP system and sends the data.It also helps in diagnostics configuration.

3) yes, IS agent is associated with the SMD Agent(contains wily host agent). IS agent configution to Wily EM is also through SMD agent during Diagnostics setup.

pls refer to http://service.sap.com/diagnostics for more details.

Regards,

Jagan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.