Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

distribution monitor R3load testconnect error

nicola_blasi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm doing a conversion from nonunicode to unicode using the distribution monitor.

The DB is on a Solaris host and i use an application Linux X64 like an application of the solaris for the import of the export previuosly exported.

Fo the export no problem occurred using the R3* non-unicode from both systems (solaris and linux)

During the import an error occurred in linux application; in solaris (where the db lives) no problem occurred.

The error is that no connection between R3load and DB is possible with the following error:

R3loadora -testconnect E

sapparam: sapargv(argc, argv) has not been called!

sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

ERROR: InitDecFloatLib() failed, rc = -2

If I use the test connection of distribution_monitor.sh the connection works (./distribution_monitor.sh -testconnect i )

I'm using an R3load unicode 7.01 patch 31 (last one)

the library are unicode downloaded from sapexedb

the environment seems correct cause take the R3load that i want.....

the system is a ECC 6.0 ENCH package Sr4

any suggestion?

Thanks

Nicola

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicola,

here is a user with the same problem:

Please check the mentioned libraries and install them. After that you can check the access with strace on the linux box.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

I would try to install the latest lib_dbsl patch on the Linux box. I would also check, that you are using the latest instantclient (10.2.0.4 version 2) on the Linux box.

If it still does not work I'd open an OSS call, there seem to be a conversion problem (maybe due to different endianess?)

Markus

nicola_blasi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I finally solved the problem.

It was an environment mistake, in LD_LIBRARY_PATH i have put only the client and not the UC 'kernel' linux.

Infact at the beginning the UC kernel was in PATH and SHLIB and doing a 'which dboraslib.so' for example i saw it but R3load looks for the LD_LIBRARY_PATH .

thanks

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola:

When executing the import is important to set the correct environment variables to the values of the unicode target system. check the settings that you have in file "import_profile.txt". Some of the most important variables (if you are using an ORA db for example) that should be there are:

SAPSYSTEMNAME

dbms_type

dbs_ora_tnsname

ORACLE_SID

PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH

DIR_LIBRARY=/sapmnt/<SID>/<unicode exe directory)

NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8

Regards,

Muriel Berbesi