cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermediate Document between Sales Order & Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to know in SD module do you find a feature where you could book a Sales Order & do billing even before goods are manufactured. The booking process would allow you to select Sales Orders by Schedule Lines. After selecting the Sales Order Schedule Line you should be able to Save and generate a new Document Number similar to Sales Order Number. Then looking at Booking Number you should be able to generate a Proforma Invoice/Bill, where accounting document/entries should not be created. The purpose of the Booking is for documentation required by billing department to pass the goods smoothly to shipper once they are manufactured.

I would like to know whether SAP would support the above process.

Thanks,

Srikrishnarajah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VTFA and maintain copy control between your sale order type and proforma type (F5) with the required item category.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Piotr & Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the answers & I have awarded points for both.

The Invoicing team has to get a list of Sales Order Schedule Lines from the Sales Order Team to do a manual Proforma Invoice. If there was a intermediate document then the Sales Team could Book the Sales Order Schedule Lines. Then the Invoicing Team has to simply raise a Proforma Invoice against the Booked Sales Orders. This would bring a stable flow & control. This is what I am seeking at the moment.

Thanks,

Srikrishnarajah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to VOV6 and select your schedule line category.

In that you will find item relevant for delivery. Just uncheck that check box.

Remove the movement type also for that item category.

Go to VOV7 and select your item category.

Over there click on the item relevant for delivery.

Maintain billing relevance F which is order related billing.

If you do this setting then you donu2019t have to create the delivery document now.

The process will directly flow from sales order to billing document.

You can now directly create the invoice instead of porforma invoice.

Do the necessary setting in VTFA also for the copy control.

If any problem occurs then let us know

Regards

Raj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1224230
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand you correctly your requirement is to ulimately create a proforma invoice. This you can do directly from the sales order

Check standard customizing for billing type F5 (sales order based proforma)

Piotr.