cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Forms

0 Kudos

I have few questions before statring to design Adobe forms.

1. Is that possible to create an interactive form without WebDynpro. Like executing custom transaction code to display the adobe pdf form which is editable by user.

2. Is that possible to place digital signature, table controls(for eg) in the Adobe forms without using Web Dynpro.

3. Can we send the form to the users outllok for approval without configuring MAPI.

4. What would be the problem, I created the form and set the Input field object attributes as User Editable, but when I run the program which calls the Adobe form after print preview, does not allowing me to edit the text in the field.

5. Is that XML knowlege reuired to design form with WebDynpro.

Any input is helpful.

Thanks

Mani.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks for the Answer, but for answer 4, how can I set the form as Print form or Interactive form in transaction SFP.

-Mani

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mani,

In your Adobe Live Cycle Designer, goto Edit -> Form Properties -> Preview Type --> You should have selected Interactive Form

Edit: Got your question wrong. Actually check this [link |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/45/d2e3c179cc5709e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm] which determines if you want your form Interactive or Dynamic in non WD scenarios.

Chintan

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mani, too many questions at one shot!! Let me try to answer to best of my knowledge.

1. Is that possible to create an interactive form without WebDynpro. Like executing custom transaction code to display the adobe pdf form which is editable by user.

Yes it is possible to create Interactive forms without using WD. You may take a a look HCM P&F i.e. ESS-MSS forms.

2. Is that possible to place digital signature, table controls(for eg) in the Adobe forms without using Web Dynpro.

Yes again.

3. Can we send the form to the users outlook for approval without configuring MAPI.

Not sure on this.

4. What would be the problem, I created the form and set the Input field object attributes as User Editable, but when I run the program which calls the Adobe form after print preview, does not allowing me to edit the text in the field.

Well if your form is a print form then you would not be able to edit text. You need to make sure that you are developing an Interactive Form where user can edit text etc.

5. Is that XML knowledge required to design form with WebDynpro.

No not at all.

Chintan