cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Replenishment and 2-step picking with storage units.

0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

I am attempting to use SAP standard fixed bin replenishment and implement it as a 2-step picking process. Generally, the process goes as follows:

- Generate replenishment pick tasks

- Place the picked products onto storage units in an intermediate storage type

- Put the products away from storage units into the respective fixed bins

I have setup the necessary parameters to get standard replenishment to work. I can run LP21 and generate all TR's, and subsequently TO's. The product moves from respective reserve bins into the fixed bins based on strategies that I have setup.

The issue i am experiencing is when I try to introduce the intermediate storage type to place the product into, before it goes into the fixed bins. Additionally, the intermediate storage type needs to have SUM enabled, so that the product gets placed onto pallets. This way, the warehouse personnel will be able to track the physical product movements before it is put away.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

HK

Edited by: Husein Kadribegic on Aug 4, 2009 6:49 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not clear about your question.What I understand is to have the SUM in the intermediate storage type for two step picking.If you want to manage the SUs(unless bulk) the storage type has to be managed with SU.You must scanning the SUs for two step picking and putaway.Please help me understand your question

0 Kudos

Thanks for your consideration.

I guess the step that I am confused about is how exactly two step picking would work in a replenishment scenario. Generally, based on documentation, transfer requirements need to be grouped before they can be processed in two steps. Here is what I have done so far:

- Generate transfer requirements using LP21

- Group these transfer requirements using LT41 (using 2-step relevancy)

- Generate TO's based on the group using LT42

The problem now is that the TO's that get generated have the destination set to the respective fixed bin. I tried using LT1D (single document - pick step) and LT1B (single item - pick step) and the message received was: "Separate confirmation of withdrawal and material shipment not allowed" in both cases. The only way to confirm the TO's is by using "confirm TO in one step."

I would like to be able to perform the pick step with an intermediate storage type as the destination, and the transfer step with the fixed bin as the destination.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Husein Kadribegic,

The unique way to do this with standard aplication is using TRM (Task and Resource Management) and HU (Handling Unit Management). In this case you can create picking HUs to do the transfer and use Pick and Drop areas (TRM Functionalitty) like your intermediate storage type. TRM is available since SAP enterprise 4.7

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi husein,

The above link talks about 'defining Strategy R' and using customer exit MWM2S001 to define your own control parameters, which i think shall be useful in your case.

regards

rahul

0 Kudos

After much consultation, trial and error, and digging through help files and documentation, I've come to a realization that SUM enabled interim storage type for 2-step picking is impossible in the standard environment.

The reason is simply that strategy R must be configured for 2-step picking to work (during the process, the dynamically created interim bin is set to the group number, and this is what links the removal TO to the allocation TO). Unfortunately, if stock placement strategy R is specified, SUM cannot be enabled.

Hence, 2-step picking cannot be implemented with SUM enabled interim storage types in the standard environment. I'll be designing a custom solution.

I appreciate everyone's input and help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Husein,

Read the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/EN/c6/f842744afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

I'm sure you will get your solution.

Regards

Rahul

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure your scenario is viable in (standard) SAP.

As I understand (e.g.):

- source storage type: productA 10 pc, productB 20 pcs, productC 30 pc

- intermediate storage type: SU1 (productA 2 pc, productB 17 pcs, productC 10 pc), SU2 (productA 8 pc, productB 3 pcs, productC 20 pc)

- destination storage type: bin1: productA 2 pc, productB 17 pcs, productC 10 pc, bin2: productA 8 pc, productB 3 pcs, productC 20 pc

Please notice that SAP determines the to be removed quantities (~corresponding to SU1 & SU2 but not as SUs) when you remove the goods from the intermediate storage type ("allocation") and not when you place the goods into it.

Please also notice that automatically you cannot create storage units (palletize) with different products on it (I'm not sure this is requirement in your case or not).

Please check this link where it is explained where to carry out customizing for 2-step picking and how it works:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f842674afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Aug 6, 2009 7:01 AM

0 Kudos

A pre-requisite from the 2-step help files (which i have already seen, but re-read carefully):

"You have formed a group of the outbound deliveries or transfer requirements relevant for outbound delivery."

Does that mean that transfer requirements relevant for replenishment cannot apply to 2-step picking?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the storage type in SAP Standard warehouse...010,011...Copy those and create you fixed bin storage type from 010 and your intermediate from 011...

Thanks

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create a storage type which is intermediate and assign that storage type as a intermediate in your Fixed bin storage type...and also into the source storage type....

IMG>LE>Warehouse>Master data>Storage types

0 Kudos

Umasankaran,

I am assuming what you meant by "intermediate" is ID point for source storage type, and pick point for destination storage type, since I do not see any other places where an intermediate storage type can be configured.

One thing to keep in mind is that neither the source nor the destination are SU managed: only the intermediate storage type is. Therefore I am not able to assign an "ID point" nor a "pick point" to my source and destination, respectively. "ID point" and "pick point" can only be assigned to SU managed storage types.

Edited by: Husein Kadribegic on Aug 5, 2009 5:49 PM