cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing Status on Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am configuring in SAP R/3 a Free Third Party Sales Order . . . The problem I am having is with the Processing Status area . . . specifically the Overall Status for the Header and the Item. With the new set up neither of those fields show on the sales order, and so the order does not show up on VA05 as open when first entered. What would need to be done in configuration for these fields to be on the sales order, and to show the appropriate status?

Update . . . The only way so far I have found to have these fields show on the sales order is by using the Completion on the item category, but from what I am reading it is not the suggested way to do it, yet the only way so far to get it on there. And, the problem here is when in MIRO the PO on the Free Third Party Order, it does not complete the Sales Order Header or Item, so I still am unable to get the status to change.

Any ideas?

Edited by: Diane Thacker on Aug 4, 2009 9:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I am trying to set up is a Third Party Order that is free, so no billing is needed. So I am able to get the Order>the Purchase Req>the Purchase Order>the Invoice Verification, but the sales order remains open . . . Is there anything that can be configured, to close this once Invoice Verification takes place?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do have it set to F . . . I also removed the Completion indicator . . . And, I see the statuses without it, but still when I Invoice Verify the Order remains open . . . I need to know is there a way to close the sales order once Invoice verification takes place?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Per standard process, the sales process will not complete unless the billing has been done for the sales order.

What this means is once MIRO is done, the sales order is eligible for billing. You must complete the billing, so that the sales order wont appear in the VA05 list. Until billing is completed, the sales order status remains open.

Regards

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the item cateogry field billing relevance? It has to be set with value "F". The t.code is VOV7.

Regards