cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken DCs & activation view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created new WDJ DC project in MSS Component e.g mss/transfer using the same track.

My Project is working fine without any issues, no build errors or no activation errors.

Now i'm trying to release this project but i not able to do that.

After check-in my request is long time waiting under the Activation View, it is not moving to the Transport view at all.

I viewed the Component Build Service(CBS), status is like below.

Buildspaces

TRACK_D = Total Dcs : 205, Broken Dcs : 205, Dirty Dcs : 0, Active : YES, input : Open, Request Processing: ON

& TRACK_C is same but Broken Dcs is 179 .

Requests

Request ID : 2,840

Request State: FAILED

Request Type: ACTIVATE

so what to do next?

Regards

Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raza,

TRACK_D = Total Dcs : 205, Broken Dcs : 205, Dirty Dcs : 0

First can you check the dependecies in your CBS for both compartments (development and consolidation). i think As not a single project is in good condition your standard dependecies are not there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raza,

Which version of EP and MSS you are using? There is a problem in MSS600 at some patch level which i don't remember right now. You may have to upgrade the patch.

Gurmat

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

THis may be because of the broken DCs. tr ydeploying the dependent DCs from NWDS and activate again.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I do see there are broken DCs. Can you please give me some trips to avoid the broken DCs.

Regards

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1) There might be some Dependent DCs for the DC you have created and they might not be deployed .

IDentify them any deploy them from NWDS. in DC perspective, you can right click on the dependent DCs and deploy.

2) The other reason can be may be you have not checked in some of the activities in which the Dependent DCs were modified.

so if there are any, check in them and try to activate again .

Regards,

Satya.

Edited by: Satya on Aug 20, 2009 2:59 PM