cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM and Routings in APO

Former Member

HI ,

How to compare a BOM and Routings from R/3 to APO objects ........?

how i can be assure that the data i sent to APO is fine and works well in APO.

is it possible to check and compare each and evry field of BOM and Routings in R/3 and APO .....?

Thanks In advance.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCM APO 22,

The combination of Bom & routing fields goes as PPM in APO.

If Bom and routing is maintained in all respects, it generates a

PPM in APO orelse it wont. That is the clue that all fields are

updated in APO.

Once if you could see a PPM in APO for a product, it signifies

that all fields of BOM & routing for planning relevant data are

transferred to APO.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

need to close it as i want to post new issue.

thanksa lot all to the Gurus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if you are using PDS or PPM in APO. If PDS then use transaction /sapapo/curto_simu to view PDS. If PPM then use transaction /sapapo/scc03 to view PPM. Both transactions are multi level meaning you will need to click into each level to see the details. Both structures will look different compared to the recipe/BOM structure. Standard SAP without enhancements should render identical durations and consumption in R3 and APO - you can check this by creating identical orders in each system and comparing durations and capacity or if you are using PDS then there is a transaction to explode an order in both systems /sapapo/rto_ord_comp. Some find it easier to create orders to check as it may be difficult to compare the durations and capacity consumption in APO to what is in R3. If you are new to PDS/PPM then I suggest reading help files: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/2e/847337613fbc40e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm or CIF help files for mapping: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/9b/954d3baf755b67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can make the following comparisons between the R/3 BOM/Routing and the APO Production Process Model (PPM)

1. Operations shown in the PPM vs those displayed in the relevant Routing

2. Input component shown in the PPM vs the APO Relevant Component in the Routing.

3. Bucket/Continual consumption values in the PPM vs the Standard values in the Routing.

4. Activity Relationships in the PPM vs the Relationship details in the Routing.

I hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Sharath