cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi language in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a Webdynpro abap application. All the UI elements are binded to OTR objects and transalations to enable the multi language support.

Result is: when i open my application , it gets displayed in logon language. Example German

Requirement is :

I have to validate this language in one cusom table

cistom table has list of all languages

Example : English , French.

Now my application must first check if the user logon language is present in my table , if yes the display the application in it, else display in english.

Without this check the user is now able to see the application in german.

Will this require calling the URL application OF WDA with the language paramter but the parameter mus be appened dynamically based on the entry in custom table.

Kindly help.

Bijal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bijal,

I guess you have not maintained the translations for the OTR's in different languages. Thats the reason its always picking up the only one which is available for use. You would just have to maintain the translation for the OTR's in different languages. Then the system would automatically pick up the texts in the appropriate language. This is a standard SAP provided functionality & you dont have to create any custom table or include any checks for realizing this.

Regards,

Uday

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These are the various ways by which you can maintain the translations for your OTR:

1) Translation using [SE63|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11555] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

2) Translation using [SOTR_EDIT|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/TranslatingTextswith+SOTR]

3) Translation using [SE63_OTR|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f8/dd8a0f276111d5b316000102a3fd99/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I am aware iof OTR concept ..

Ours is a Standard WDA application , which is language enabled. based on logon language it displayes it in the required language.

But i have to restrict it from displaying it in logon language unless the language is maintained in custom table.

Example: It now works with English , German and Spanish. So when user logs in in that language the application is translated

I have one table which contains English and German , Now if a Spanish user logs in he should not see the application in spanish since entry is not in our table. It sud display in English when no entry found in table.

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bijal,

Maybe you can use the statement SET LOCALE LANGUAGE for this, which changes the language environment for the current session to the one you specify. However I have two warnings on this:

- I have only used it for text symbols in normal ABAP programs, I'm not sure it affects OTR texts as well.

- Since we're talking about Web dynpro here, it would be a bit trickier to use, as I'm not sure it would work if used inside WDDOINIT, maybe when you reach that point the OTR texts are preloaded in the user's language already. In that case I suppose you would have to program some sort of handler class in the ICF node which does this work before calling the app.

What I don't understand is, if the languages that are not in the table should not be used, then what do you create an spanish translation for? Or table entries are user specific? If not, simply by NOT creating an spanish translation, the default English one would be used...

Let me know if it helps.

Regards

Edited by: Alejandro Bindi on Aug 5, 2009 12:05 PM