Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Disabling 'Delete' button in tcode vl02n"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there anyway to disable/remove 'Delete' button for outbound delivery in tcode vl02n.

Warm Regards,

Vinodh Rajendran

6 REPLIES 6

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done by using Variant Transaction concept. Please search the security forum with search string "Variant Transaction" or "SHD0". You can check the following thread also:

[Variant using SHD0|;

Regards,

Dipanjan

jerry_george
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To disable "Delete" button , please use transaction code SHD0 .

By using transaction code SHD0:

1) Create a new " Transaction Variant " for VL02N after disabling "Delete" button .

2) Assign this new " Transaction Variant" as "Standard Variant " for VL02N in SHD0

This steps will enable you to remove /disable "Delete" Option from tcode VL02N .

Please let me know if you need more clarifications.

Thanks ,

Jerry

0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

Is there any other way to disable/remove 'delete' button from standard transaction vl02n for selective user id's. And for few user id's, I need to enable the 'delete' button option. I don't want to use transaction variant.

Warm Regards,

Vinodh Rajendran

0 Kudos

For this requirement you will need to work with a developer to find an exit or enhancement point in the code for the transaction.

If you can find an appropriate exit or ep then you have a few options, personally I would put a check in for a custom auth object which toggles the display of (or ability to use) the button.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per basic security setup , we wont be able to disable delete button by using a standard authorization Object level .

To provide certain users access to VLO2N without Delete Button Option :

Step 1) Create a "transaction variant " with " Delete " button disabled .

Step 2) Create a new Customized Transaction Code say ZVL02N & assign above created transaction variant to it .

This new Customized tcode (ZVL02N) can be added to selected set of users who should not have access to Delete Option .

Rest of the users can still have VL02N as part of their access levels. I hope this will be an easy solution to rectify this .

Or else , you may need to identify whether we have any user exits avaliable which can be used . If it is not avaliable may be an explicit enhancement will help.

Please let me know if you need more clarifications .

Thanks & Regards ,

Jerry

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check- Note 580226 - No authorization check during the deletion of deliveries . If this note can be applied in your system , you will be able to restrict restrict users from deleting delivery document . Or else you still want to go ahead with SHD0 path .

Thanks ,

Jerry