cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting .NET Connector tool to Visual Studio 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Is is possible to use .NET Connector tool in Visual Studio 2008 directly?

If yes, kindly give me some links for this.

Regards

S. Muhilan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually I prefer to use a tool like erpconnect to connect .net application to SAP because a RFC is alway safer and faster than a web service... And a lot of SAP Administrator doesn't know to manage correctly SAP WEBAS for this kind of services.

An alternative is to install Visual Studio 2003, build a DLL with it (a class) and use this class in your VS2008 (dont forget to import the two DLL in the reference folder of your VS2003 project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jérôme, Muhilan,

1) erpconnect is a commercial tool; the NCo, and also SAP BAPI webservices are existent add-ons of the SAP NetWeaver environment. So if either of the latter is good enough for what your situation requests, I suggest to go for that iso purchasing a third-supplier tool.

2) wrt what Jérôme describes for howto use NCo in VS2005/2008; that is correct, and the by SAP documented approach; see the whitepaper I referred to.

Best regards, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhilan,

since the NCo is only delivered by SAP for .NET 1.x, it is not possible to use it directly within VS 2005/2008.

However, there is a by SAP documented workaround/approach to be able to use it within a .NET 2.0 and later runtime context, and for development in VS 2005 or 2008: [Using SAP Connector for MS .NET (NCO) in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/92333e6b-0b01-0010-9cbf-fecd62d6c895]

But beware, SAP has discontinued the NCo in favor of SAP (enterprise) webservices. Whether the NCo approach is good enough for you depends on the characteristics of your situation.

Best regards, William.