cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max.length of defined variable in sapscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created one variable in script using DEFINE &amt_wrds& = &space&.I have converted amount to words using some perform in script. It's showing complete words before it leaves that perform. But it's not able to display all the charaters while printing in script, few of last characters are missing in display even though space is there in that line. I tried using CONDENSE statement also in my perform but no use. Please let me know whether any length restriction is there for defined variables in scripts.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m closing this thread

alex_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the length of the variable amt_wrds?...There is no space restriction as long as you have space then the value should be printed...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it's able to capture all the value until it returns. It's calling some standard report SAPLSTXV before it returns to script. See include LSTXVFXX line 773. This variable has length of 80 characters only. So, it's able to capture only 80 characters after returning to script from include.Please suggest whether we can increase the length of that field.

former_member585865
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

can you check the length of the field,you said there is enough space,kindly check any other window is overlapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try by increasing the width of the window...