Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD-PS Integration

shareeq_hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We created a Sales Order with a Configurarble Material ( Material is attached to Standard Network in CN08). The

project is getting created but the Material is not getting copied to be project. But when I attach the material manually to the

project the charactereistics of the Material are also copied to the project. Are there any settings for automatic copying of

materials when project is getting created. Can anyone help us ?.

Regards,

Shareeq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 3 ways of assigning components:

1. Manually assign the component

2. Exploding the BOM in projects

3. BOM transfer function

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shareeq_hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not Answered

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shareeq,

In case you are trying to see the material which has been assigned in CN08 in the project then you may not be able to see it.

The reason this is the material you have assigned while creating the Sales Order. (Not suggested but, If you still want to see this material then follow the procedure below by assigning this same material in its own BOM with negative Quantity: this will enable you to produce the material in network, watch the costing of the project carefully while doing this)

In case you are trying to see the components/material (BOM) which has been assigned in the standard network, I would suggest to verify the Reference points in the activities of the Standard network and the Components while creating the BOM in CS01. Reference points will be the only linking points between the BOM components and the Activities in Project.

Hope it helps...

Thanks!!!

shareeq_hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

Hope you are doing great.

Let me explain more details about my requirement.

The material is a configurable material (not a BOM). We are not going to produce the Material.

The Material is Completely Purchased from Vendor and Installed at site. Installation and budgeting are done in PS.

Only when Characteristics are copied , We can place a Purchase Order based on the Characteristics in Sales Order.

SD Process --> Estimation using Variant Configuration( Class, Characteristics & Variant Pricing).Some Characteristics pick values from Variant Pricing and some will have Lump sum values like Erection related cost.

PS Process --> Budgeting , Purchase Requests & Project Execution. The Estimated Erection related costs in Estimation becomes the budget for Man Hours in PS

MM- Procurement (Local Purchase , Foreign Purchase) & Stock Material will also be used.

In the Estimation only Import Material is Estimated by Price(variant pricing) . Local Purchase Material , Stock material &

Erection related Labour Cost are only Lumpsum Values in Characteristics.

Regards,

Shareeq

shareeq_hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone help

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

shareeq_hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have attached the Materials in the standard network.