cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipment cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have a shipment cost document with status Fully calculated, Account assig fully completed, Fully transferred.

and also there is a Po generated.But accounts department complained that they cannot find cost for that PO.

pls let me know why they cannot see cost.

I have done or completed all required for shioment cost?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry guys.I myself resolved the issue.MIRO invoice was parked thats it

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gupta,

What is the status of the shipment cost document you created? Does it turn out to C for ASSIGNED?

The reason why cost center not display in PO:

1) In PO Account assignment category is U u2013 Unknown, unless it is K u2013 cost centers will not be displayed in PO.

2) GL accounts and cost centers are determined at shipment cost item level. There is a flexibility to post the values of each line item into different GL account and cost center for shipment cost.

Let me know if required anything else.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the PO that accounting department is looking at freight PO or the material PO? If they are looking at material PO, then they will not find the cost there with the current setup. The shipment cost needs to be configured differently from outbound shipment cost for the cost to show up in the PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor, thanks for the reply (Non transfer of shipment cost to PO)

Service PO has Account assignment as Y (outbound freight) and Item catergory as D (service) and when I have checked account assignment tab cost centre is blank.

how can I proceed now, ANY HELPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gupta,

As mentioned cost center field is blank in the shipment cost document, I guess you havenu2019t assigned the cost center determination part in config. Please try using T-code OKB9 and do the necessary changes.

Assign the cost center for the GL account. Hope this will solve your query.

Thanks.