cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Of MDM adapter in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any body knows how to configure MDM Adapter in PI 7.1. as well as JPR to activate/ register for proxy.

I am getting authentication error while i am trying to activate the following URL:

http://piserver.hclt.corp.hcl.in:50000/ProxyServer/register?ns=http://sap.com/xi/XI/System&interface...

I have searched in sdn I got user has to have the following j2ee roles & groups.

Security Role User Group

xi_jpr_register_bindings SAP_XI_ADMINSTRATOR_J2EE

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

xi_jpr_list_bindings SAP_XI_ADMINSTRATOR_J2EE

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR_J2EE

xi_jpr_admin SAP_XI_ADMINSTRATOR_J2EE

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR_J2EE

But in NWA I could not get these roles and group.

Could you please help me where can I get these roles & groups?

Can any body give me the detail steps of MDM adapter configuration in PI 7.1 and a small scenario?

Thanks,

Riju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos
former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Riju,

Refer this MDM PI Adapter configuration guide:

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001890482008E

(Need S-User ID to login)

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already configured all these steps. I got stuck up while I am trying to activate the proxy by using the following URL.

I am getting authentication error.

http://piserver.hclt.corp.hcl.in:50000/ProxyServer/register?ns=http://sap.com/xi/XI/System&interface...

I have searched in sdn I got user has to have the following j2ee roles & groups.

Security Role User Group

xi_jpr_register_bindings SAP_XI_ADMINSTRATOR_J2EE

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

xi_jpr_list_bindings SAP_XI_ADMINSTRATOR_J2EE

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR_J2EE

xi_jpr_admin SAP_XI_ADMINSTRATOR_J2EE

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR_J2EE

But in NWA I could not get these roles and group.

Could you please help me where can I get these roles & groups?

Can any body give me the detail steps of MDM adapter configuration in PI 7.1 and a small scenario?

Thanks,

Riju

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>But in NWA I could not get these roles and group.

>Could you please help me where can I get these roles & groups?

you need to logon to SAP gui,

go to SU01 transaction, and select your username, and assign required roles,

may be your basis team can give you the roles if you don't have authorization to SU01 transaction on PI server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As stated in earlier the stated roles and groups are from J2EE and will definetly not available under SU01 transaction on PI server. These roles should appear in Identity Management under nwa, however they are not appearing . Please inform is there any way out to get these roles.

Thanks

Riju

Edited by: Riju Adhikary on Aug 4, 2009 1:40 PM

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>Riju Adhikary wrote:

>As stated in earlier the stated roles and groups are from J2EE and will definetly not available under SU01 transaction on PI server.

i checked on my pi server su01 for possible roles, and following are available.. SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_ABAP SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE SAP_XI_BPE_ADMINISTRATOR_ABAP SAP_XI_BPE_CONFIGURATOR_ABAP SAP_XI_BPE_MONITOR_ABAP SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR_ABAP SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR_J2EE SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER_ABAP SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER_J2EE SAP_XI_DEMOAPP SAP_XI_DEVELOPER SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_ABAP SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE SAP_XI_MONITOR SAP_XI_MONITOR_ABAP SAP_XI_MONITOR_J2EE SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem of configuring has been sorted out. Thanks for the help.

Can any body provide me any help regarding the the configurations required both in MDM and PI(at IR) end for building a scenerio with MDM adapter . Is it resembling with MDM with PI integration through file . I am not getting any proper document for this.

Thanks

Riju

Edited by: Riju Adhikary on Aug 6, 2009 1:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These documents are already with me. The document from market place provides details configuration at Integration Directory . However no details are being provided regarding the configurations to be done in Integration Repository .Do we need import any external defination from MDM to PI or any other thing needs to be done.

Please help.

Thanks

Riju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riju,

As long as you want to use the standard content then you dont need to do anything. First install the adapter in j2ee engine and then import the business content for PI. In your MDM installation you will have the business content for PI. So import that into PI. As soon as you import you have all the schemas and standard mappings given by SAP. You can use them directly until unless you have customization. As you know if you have customization then you need to change the mappings accordingly.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for ur cooperation. Can I have any document illustrating any scenerio using the standard mappings of MDM .

Regardss

Riju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After importing the MDM BUSINESS CONTENT , we are getting couple of mappings and datatypes. However all the mappings are done with idoc, if we need to customise by changing the mapping with other e.g. file>MDM,WS>MDM, will it be possible. Is it required to move with value mapping before working with XI-->MDM scenerio. What is exactly value mapping is??

Thanks

Riju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riju,

SAP has delivered the business content assuming your client will use the standard idocs for loading master data. If you guys dont use the standard, you always have a option to customize. For this you need to copy the necessary data types or message types. Then add the necessary changes to the datatypes and message types. Once it is done you develop the mapping (you can copy the standard mapping) and extend to your new fields or segments. Then configure your ID approximately.

Value mapping is entirely different. It has nothing to do with customization of the standards. A simple tutorial on value mapping can see in this blog:

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

PS: Always try to strict to the subject of the question for exact and appropriate answers. If something different from the subject of the question try to open a new thread so that somebody can help you out, because sometimes based upon the subject only one will read the thread or dont read.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have the buissness contents of MDM 7.1 in PI7.1 IR. I have created a Mapping with a single element in the sender DT with multiple elements of MDMProductSetMsg. The DT Structure of the sender side has been given below.

MT_Demo_Sender -->

Node

Name

The Name element has been mapped with ProductTypeGUID of ProductType , ProductHirerchyGUID of ProductHirerchy, ProductGroupGUID of ProductGroup.

Accordingly configured the MDM adapter in the sender CC in ID.

On execution of the scenerio RWB shows "MDM Adapter listener started" however no data is getting entered in any MDM Product Repository table.

Please Help

Regards

Riju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riju,

First of all do you see the message in sxmb_moni of PI system? If yes the open it and see the payload after message mapping and it should be your Products payload.

If you dont see anythign you check in sender communicaton cahnnel for any errors.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The earlier problem is resolved . In the process message in SXMB_MONI there is no error in Process Message XML however in RWB the below staed error is thrown

Message processing failed.

Cause: java.lang.Exception: JNDI name of the ra connectionFactory

is not configured. Go to the directory and create a value with name 'JNDIName'

and value 'deployedAdapters/<ra name>/shareable/<ra name>' as module

configuration data of the module

Please help.

Regards

Riju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riju,

Are you using an adapter modules in your adapter. The error says either there is an error in adapter modules in your communication cahnnel (if you are using) else there is some problem in deployment of the adapters. Please ask the basis guys to redeploy the MDM adapter in PI.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

The earlier problem was sorted out after adding a parameter in the AdapterModule. There is no error in the Processed XML in SXMB_MONI as well as in the comunication channel monitoring of Adapter Engine in RWB. In RWB it is showing Msg proccessed successfully.

Datas are posted aschnchoronously in the MDM queue successfully. Inspite of all the things moving sucessfully , no data is getting reflected in the relevant look up tables of product e.g Product Hirerchy, Product Group etc of MDM. Is there any thing more needed to be done.

If required I can paste the msg details of Communication Channel separetly. I tried to paste the details along with this msg however it is becoming a continuous text.

Thanks and Regards

Riju

Edited by: Riju Adhikary on Aug 13, 2009 7:17 AM

Edited by: Riju Adhikary on Aug 13, 2009 7:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riju,

Thats good atleast we can move forward. Now if you want to paste the code you need to put in between {/code}...{/code}. Put this starting and ending tags and inbetween you can put th code. Dont put backslash when you do, I just put because If I dont put it is showing as code.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Following Monitor CC message is pasted below.

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information Channel CC_FiletoPI: Send binary file  "F:\file\file_input.xml", size 155 with QoS EO. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information MP: entering 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information MP: processing local module localejbs/CallSapAdapter 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information The application tries to send an XI message asynchronously using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information Trying to put the message into the send queue. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information Message successfully put into the queue. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information The application sent the message asynchronously using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Returning to application. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information MP: leaving 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information Confirmation mode test found -  file will be resend next time! 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information The message was successfully retrieved from the send queue. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information The message status was set to DLNG. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information The message was successfully transmitted to endpoint http://BRSAPDX1:50000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information The message status was set to DLVD. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information The message was successfully received by the messaging system. Protocol: XI URL: http://brsapdx1:50000/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI Credential (User): PIISUSER 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information Using connection MDM_http://sap.com/xi/MDMAdapter. Trying to put the message into the receive queue. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information Message successfully put into the queue. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information The message status was set to DLNG. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information Delivering to channel: CC_PItoMDM 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information Message entered AF MP exit bean and will be passed to the JCA adapter now. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information Asynchronous message was forwarded succesfully to MDM 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information Message was successfully processed by the JCA adapter. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information The message was successfully delivered to the application using connection MDM_http://sap.com/xi/MDMAdapter. 

2009-08-12 17:07:55 Information The message status was set to DLVD.  

]

Thanks

Riju

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The channel log does not convey anything but successful delivery to the end system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Yes that is the problem. We are not getting any error neither in the CC nor in SXMB_MONI. However no data is getting insrted in MDM.

Regards

Riju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riju,

I think my name got into your mind because of the high communication in SDN for your isssue. Its not me, it is abhishek who responded I know you need a light beer because you are having this issue from last few days

Anyways, you said data is not inserting into Product Hirerchy, Product Group etc of MDM. These are the tables in MDM. I strongly feel you are doing some messup either in your mapping or your understanding. You are using mdm adapter and it will create a file for you on the shared drive. Once the file is created you need to load the file manually or automatically using your import manager (expecting all your mapping in import manager and configuration in console is done). Then your data would insert into this tables. Also you are creating only one file, so it would load into one table, not in all the tables. You need to write files for each table, because you are not creating multiple files it will not load into all the tables. Hope this clears some air.

Regards,

---Satish